What's new

The sherco thread.

Has anyone had a base gasket failure on their Sherco or Scorpa? Just wondering, I had one fail, big vacuum leak. I was just wondering if it's a common problem.

Has anyone had a base gasket failure on their Sherco or Scorpa? Just wondering, I had one fail, big vacuum leak. I was just wondering if it's a common problem.

That is an odd one. Did you take it apart yet? Sometimes they use a couple, stacked to get the squish just right. I could see the stacking making the gaskets weaker.

That is an odd one. Did you take it apart yet? Sometimes they use a couple, stacked to get the squish just right. I could see the stacking making the gaskets weaker.
Yes, it is repaired now. Picture attached, you can see where it failed at the rear. Just one gasket, standard thickness. The gasket gets narrow there, which prompted the query if others have experienced this.
IMG_1069 2.jpg

My '12 290 had its base gaskets begin to come apart.
It had the std. Gasket and two additional very thin ones stacked up.
20220122_161838.jpg

It began to run very erratic at idle.
So once I started poking around, this is what I found.
Gasket was coming apart on the thin area near the transfer ports.
I purchased new gaskets of various thickness and reset the squish clearance.
Also new piston rings, since I was in there.

Runs great again now!

Top Bottom Back Refresh