What's new

The V-Strom Picture Thread

The Stroms definitely don't side winds. I had a gnarly time keeping it straight this morning, and those winds were nothing compared to 50mph. The winds coming home were heavier and more gusty. Luckily the road was jammed up. It was a slow ride home.
I dont think my klr gets blown around as much. I think the vstrom is top heavy and the front fairing with windshield mods are the culprit. Maybe..it was the riide of my life. I wouldn't quit but I was thinking this is nuts. Just a mark on the strom checklist. I returned the next day and had the best time ever. The bridges were awsome. I rocked out 6th gear for 20 miles and wanted more for the short interstate part. Overcast day and a short drzzle turned to sunny afternoon.

Funny..the 112 miles there was too much and the return trip was not enough.

I put 30,000 miles and 27 states on this thing before I sold it. Great bike.

P6094648e-XL.jpg

VisitedStatesMap%20DL650%20large.jpg

I have those same boots. I love them.

Great pics! 👍
I recently got rid of them due to water breaches in both. :( I'll buy another pair before next winter. They kept my feet warm but weren't very comfortable walking in for longer than a few hundred feet.

I recently got rid of them due to water breaches in both. :( I'll buy another pair before next winter. They kept my feet warm but weren't very comfortable walking in for longer than a few hundred feet.
Interesting. Mine have been through a lot and still seem pretty water proof. I forget which side but one of my boots had something on the top that poked my foot when I walked. I considered contacting them but it worn in and doesn't do it anymore. For the money I've been very happy. Some boots are just crazy $$ and tough to pull the trigger on in case I hate them.

What did you replace them with?

What did you replace them with?
Alpinestars Tech3. They took some breaking in. Now they fit my feet like gloves and don't hurt to walk in. There is pretty good airflow within the boots, making for less of a sweaty mess as the temperatures become more warm. Downside is getting the feel for shifting gears again. I gotta slip my left toes under from the side each time I want to shift.

I have fat feet and Tech3s crushed my feet when I tried them on. They were nice otherwise. I got the Formas because I'd read they run wider which turned out to be true.

I have fat feet and Tech3s crushed my feet when I tried them on. They were nice otherwise. I got the Formas because I'd read they run wider which turned out to be true.
I like turtles!

I have skinny feet and they still felt like they were being crushed in a pair of wide Bauer hockey skates. CCM are the skates I use. The Tech3s are nice and all but they will be seriously lacking in the cold weather. I'll need to get a real pair of cold wear boots when that time comes.

Top Bottom Back Refresh