What's new

The V-Strom Picture Thread

One of these is on my short list to add to the stable. Tell me all the wonderful thing about it. BTW, I'm 6'-3", 205, 36 inseam. Will I fit?

Old photo in AK

1649687808245.png

Last edited:
2006 Vstrom with happy trail engine guard, top box and 1" riser. Got it at 25k miles 2 years ago. Now over 65k miles. I can't wait to get my custom seat back on. Stock sucks

20220628_115051.jpg

Hello, y'all and happy Easter! Here goes my first post! I acquired this bike last week and it was finally delivered yesterday. Yeah, I know I failed myself for not riding it from where I bought it but my work schedule is pretty hectic right now. It worked out in the end and for the better. :) It's a beautiful 2015 model and almost completely bone stock. I do intend to install a skid plate and crash bars at some point in the near future. I also intend to install a luggage rack but that will have to wait a bit. Of course I want to put an aftermarket slip-on exhaust in the future. That, too, will have to wait a bit. The stock exhaust doesn't sound all that bad, IMO.

Attachments

• 2015 V-Strom650.jpg
    2015 V-Strom650.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
Hello, y'all and happy Easter! Here goes my first post! I acquired this bike last week and it was finally delivered yesterday. Yeah, I know I failed myself for not riding it from where I bought it but my work schedule is pretty hectic right now. It worked out in the end and for the better. :) It's a beautiful 2015 model and almost completely bone stock. I do intend to install a skid plate and crash bars at some point in the near future. I also intend to install a luggage rack but that will have to wait a bit. Of course I want to put an aftermarket slip-on exhaust in the future. That, too, will have to wait a bit. The stock exhaust doesn't sound all that bad, IMO.
Happy easter right back. Nice bike Enjoy the vstrom. I would like to ride a 650. These are great bikes. And the sound is addicting at 4k rpms even with stock exhaust.

Thanks! I like everything about it including the battery draining "features." I almost bought a gen 1 V-Strom in November but the dealership was adamant about using their own financing instead of having been pre-approved. I had to walk away. No way am I getting bent over at 20 or more percent APR, regardless of credit score. I did have a clapped out first gen KLR650 for a few weeks until I dumped it back at the seller's house, due to a fraudulent title. Turns out he and his wife are serial title jumpers. I held on to the paperwork and key. They'll get both if or when I get my money back. The cops didn't care and agreed the scumbags need to do the right thing if they want it all to go away. This bike makes me forget all about that clapped out gen 1 KLR650. It's so much better, too!

Thanks! I like everything about it including the battery draining "features." I almost bought a gen 1 V-Strom in November but the dealership was adamant about using their own financing instead of having been pre-approved. I had to walk away. No way am I getting bent over at 20 or more percent APR, regardless of credit score. I did have a clapped out first gen KLR650 for a few weeks until I dumped it back at the seller's house, due to a fraudulent title. Turns out he and his wife are serial title jumpers. I held on to the paperwork and key. They'll get both if or when I get my money back. The cops didn't care and agreed the scumbags need to do the right thing if they want it all to go away. This bike makes me forget all about that clapped out gen 1 KLR650. It's so much better, too!
That is a very sour klr experience. I actually have a 2022 gen3 klr. The vstrom was to see if I was missing anything and for bad weather. In 2021 I waited too long and used bike prices doubled. I originally was looking for a vstrom 650 or gen2 klr. I am kinda excited to get back on the klr. I have 400 miles and one trip to the beach on the strom so far.

That is a very sour klr experience. I actually have a 2022 gen3 klr. The vstrom was to see if I was missing anything and for bad weather. In 2021 I waited too long and used bike prices doubled. I originally was looking for a vstrom 650 or gen2 klr. I am kinda excited to get back on the klr. I have 400 miles and one trip to the beach on the strom so far.
That was only one sour experience. I've been on a relative's gen1 before and it was a blast. It's a very well maintained bike and hasn't even been properly broken in. His is a 2006 and only has 1,4xx miles on the odometer. The clapped out one compared to my relative's feels like a crude 2 stroke dirt bike with a wonky motor, clunky transmission, and tank controls. The clapped out bike had a bunch of home brew crap done to it. I've ridden a couple of third gen KLRs. Their handling was a little better and I definitely dig the fuel injection. However, I prefer the V-Strom when it comes to road riding. Offroad? I'd take the KLR650.

I took these earlier today while at my part-time job. I almost didn't feel like riding this morning. I'm glad I chose to ride even though the winds were between 10 and 15mph.
Bike at Work.jpg
Veteran's Memorial.jpg

I took these earlier today while at my part-time job. I almost didn't feel like riding this morning. I'm glad I chose to ride even though the winds were between 10 and 15mph.
Bike at Work.jpg
Veteran's Memorial.jpg
Nice! I should get a pic of my part time job. I get some adv riding getting in and out of the yard.

A few weeks back I posted about some high winds and bridge crossings. No telling on the gusts but I guessed over 50mph. Crossing two bridges heading towards the OBX I was in for a ride. Plus every open field. And almost head on into a logging truck on the first bridge. The Alligator River draw bridge had maybe 8-9ft swells. I gave it the most challenging wind day ever or the stroms don't like side winds. Maybe both!

Nice! I should get a pic of my part time job. I get some adv riding getting in and out of the yard.

A few weeks back I posted about some high winds and bridge crossings. No telling on the gusts but I guessed over 50mph. Crossing two bridges heading towards the OBX I was in for a ride. Plus every open field. And almost head on into a logging truck on the first bridge. The Alligator River draw bridge had maybe 8-9ft swells. I gave it the most challenging wind day ever or the stroms don't like side winds. Maybe both!
The Stroms definitely don't side winds. I had a gnarly time keeping it straight this morning, and those winds were nothing compared to 50mph. The winds coming home were heavier and more gusty. Luckily the road was jammed up. It was a slow ride home.

Top Bottom Back Refresh