What's new

The Vertigo Thread

Took my customer and his new JBR out for a break in ride. Swapped back and forth with my 2021 Dougie 250 so I got a feel for this newest offering. It was my first time out on a battery bike with then new Athena ECU.

My DL250 has been my favorite Vertigo to date, but they really hit the JBR out of the park. I don't know if it's the battery supplying constant voltage at lower RPM's or perhaps the new map, but the JBR's combination of controllable, torquey power down low with significant zap in the mid-high range is a real treat. Very welcoming regardless of skill, and the power only seems to hit hard when you ask it to. It's an incredibly forgiving ride. For me personally, I'd like it with a flywheel weight to better suit my style of riding - but that's personal preference and easily/cheaply added for those that want it.

And yes - I can say with full confidence the battery bikes start significantly easier. The technique is a little different. You start by simply giving it a non-start kick - just turn the motor over. A relay somewhere presumably triggers the fuel pump - which you'll hear fire for a couple seconds - and I'm guessing it brings constant voltage to everything for a bit in anticipation of the next kick. Second kick takes the same technique as the non-battery bike - top of compression, quick kick with a blip of throttle at bottom of the kick - but you don't have to kick anywhere near as hard. It's not quite Montesa level in ease of starting, but it's better than or on par with any 2t I've started.

Take it as you wish, as I'm clearly biased as a dealer - but this is yet another example of the constant improvements Vertigo brings to the table with nearly every new release. And, these changes are things people really notice and appreciate - not simply a cool new spec on a marketing flyer.

Well the new Nitro is here very little time on it yet but compared to last years 200 Vertigo a big improvement .
Starting isn't for people who have to have a button but for me it is easy peasy kick it and it goes .
Clutch smooth quick engagement and did I mention smooth ?
Brakes are a standard trials bike brake nothing really to talk about there .
Power is really nice crisp and potent you will like the bikes power no matter what size you ride ,
this bike goes down really really low without stalling , then it picks up without scaring the s**t out of the rider .
Suspension is better I guess but time will tell .
Details : this bike really is special when it comes to innovative thinking for instance if you look at the picture of the
bike on there website there isn't a battery well there is now oh and the footpads are outrageous compared to any other bike .
So I still have a hard time realizing I have a bike that there are only a handful in existence just a few a very few .

My Nitro 2022 doesn't show any charge when I press the test button on the battery is this normal ? if not...anyone any suggestions on how I diagnose what's at fault ?.
Thanks in advance

Mick

Top Bottom Back Refresh