What's new

The Wisconsin Thread

^^I'm still waiting for more salt to wash away too. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I transferred here from ND where they don't use salt!
Before I was married I would pretty much get a ride in once per month. My KLR was already beat to hell so what was a little more rust. When I picked up my Super Ten, I knew I would need to treat it a little better. The first year I treated it with ACF-50 and that held up really well. Now I am a married man with a 2.5mo old so I only ride on nice days.

Before I was married I would pretty much get a ride in once per month. My KLR was already beat to hell so what was a little more rust. When I picked up my Super Ten, I knew I would need to treat it a little better. The first year I treated it with ACF-50 and that held up really well. Now I am a married man with a 2.5mo old so I only ride on nice days.
Count yourself lucky if you have any time to ride! When we had babies, I had zero time so sold my bike. I did get Mama to give me approval to get another one when they grew up some. :deal

Babies are easy. Feed them then sleep. Wait until sports start. And family vacations. And band. And about a million other things. That’s why we always plan out summer vacations around somewhere I can ride the bike. I get at least one trip a year that way.

Introduction. Janesville area. Rode the SuperTen to work a few times and finally got the BumbleBee out on Sunday!!

Skoron

Tell us more about that Airhead! Year? Miles? Ect? I'd like to see it in person sometime!:deal

Tell us more about that Airhead! Year? Miles? Ect? I'd like to see it in person sometime!:deal
'91 with about 38k miles now. Bought it 4 years ago from a guy up in Minnesota. Had a '93 GSPD when I lived in PA years ago. That was a low mileage and I kept beating myself for riding it. Too hung up on value. Traded it with a great guy out of SC for the Boxer Cup Replica that I just sold. BumbleBee is for when i go meandering on the infamous Wi alphabet roads. Glenn at Thorobred Cycles has been helping drain my wallet....

Red Five River Falls standing by... I rode to work Thursday, and it was a bit cool in the morning. Going home was pleasant.

So I was working from home Friday when the project manager calls and asks what I'm working on. He interrupts my account to ask if I'm up for a grocery run. :confused Short story long, we meandered the countryside that afternoon on our bikes and bought some squeaky cheese curds and some tasty meat products. Can't say no when the big man wants to ride. :brow

EAA 2022 Airventure Parking. Approach Gray lot from HWY26. Should be space for bikes up front near the bus turn around.
upload_2022-7-14_9-46-53.png

I was born in Madison. I officially live in Dakota Minnesota right on the Mississippi River but work in La Crosse. I cross the border just about every day. It's a really nice area to live in and we have some awesome riding here, on road and off road.
Here's a favorite picture of me on my KLR taken by Rokkylm on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail.
aaIMG0270-L.jpg

Native Texan here. I lived in Grafton, WI for a couple years and worked in Sheboygan Falls. My wife is from Hartford. We're heading up that way tomorrow to visit friends and family and to escape the brutal TX heat. I have to be back in TX for an operation July 10, so it will be a short trip. I will have a CRF450L and maybe a plated CRF250RX with me and looking for trails, single track and double track. I may head up to the UP too. I don't know. Any locals willing to let me know of some places to ride? We'll be staying in Theresa but I'm willing to drive a few hours to get to some really good trails if that's necessary.

Just curious. What did you treat with ACF-50?

Top Bottom Back Refresh