What's new

Then and Now pics with your bike

Earache

Member Number
Have any "then and now" pics of your bike?
Route 550 north of Silverton in 1890 and today...
bbb (2).jpg
BBB.JPG

I don't have many pics taken of my bikes at anything historic or interesting anytime recently. This in front of my parents' house in Lutz FL where I spent most of my childhood after we moved from Michigan in 1961, with me on my 4th bike ('65 Honda S90) lifting the front end over the edge of the driveway to the neighbor's house behind us in 1969
1965 S-90.jpg

and for reference, the front yard then with all our bikes and my Mom sitting on my Dad's new SL90
Mom bikes Lutz front yard.png

and how that same house and street looks now - in '69 there were about 5 total houses on that 1/3 mile long street
Springgreen Dr.jpg

Good stuff, and great memories for you and your boys.

I never flipped off my father, I'd have gotten my ass kicked.... but that was then and this is now (and context is everything as well). OTOH, we did have our moments once I was a young adult and drinking beer together :rofl

Have any "then and now" pics of your bike?
Route 550 north of Silverton in 1890 and today...
bbb (2).jpg
BBB.JPG

At first I thought it was a joke, like the horses were the 'then' pic of your bike. Then... whoa!.. I realized the location is the same. That's absolutely amazing. Nice work! :thumb

Any story on how you found the 'then' pictures and the locations?

Any story on how you found the 'then' pictures and the locations?
I usually have already seen "then" pictures of places that I recognize and then go out and get a "now" pictures from the same location. I'm lucky in that my town and county are full of old, 1850's structures in various states of disrepair.

I usually have already seen "then" pictures of places that I recognize and then go out and get a "now" pictures from the same location. I'm lucky in that my town and county are full of old, 1850's structures in various states of disrepair.
Thanks. 👍

It's always fun to visit places with history and to visually see the "then and now" really adds to it. This is definitely my favorite variety of pictures.

Back
Top Bottom