What's new

This Red Light isn't Changing to Green!

I work for the GM digital Business team, I'm well aware of what gets collected. The "black box" has been around for some time. Early models had a smaller memory, that would overwrite as it rolled though, about 15 min or so. With the newer connected cars, it's pretty much streamed to the cloud in real time.

And back to surveillance state, amazing they can do that without a warrant. (plug into the car) But, I'm not trying to drift this discussion into CSM, so I'll stop now.

I've been reading a little bit about the types of sensors. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Apparently some systems use microwave sensors. I'm going to test this out and see if it helps me get recognized by the system. I'll report back with my results!
2021-10-19 15.01.53 - Copy2.jpg

If you haven't seen the data collected yet, you will be floored when you see what these new cars collect. That is why many on-scene accident investigators plug into the ODB2 port upon arriving on the scene. You can believe that insurance companies will use that data to avoid paying claims. Really sux.

I like my old truck even more now

ScreenHunter_2161 Oct. 04 09.33.jpg

[UWSL]Apparently some systems use microwave sensors. I'm going to test this out and see if it helps me get recognized by the system. I'll report back with my results!
2021-10-19 15.01.53 - Copy2.jpg
[/UWSL]
Well, after riding around with the microwave strapped to my bike it produced a lot of curious waves but had no effect on the traffic signals. :D

Gersh may need to get out more.
Agree! That guy (like most journalists) is totally clueless. He needs to fire a 50cal just for a point of reverence.

Regarding red lights...
My sources tell me that Virginia, and many municipalities within, are moving towards a system that uses camera analytics, an algorithm and computers to monitor traffic flow and subsequently change the status of traffic lights. From what I have seen, on some days they are great and on other days, not so much so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh