What's new

Tire Changing Machine ...

That may be a little pricy. What do you guys think of this thing?

The No Mar is what I use. Its a buddies. I use another friends some times that he made, pretty much knocked off the No Mar. Its actually easier. Before I had a few to use for the bargain price of some tire lube and stick on wheel weights I was looking at this one. He is a vendor on the other site. Looks like it compares pretty well to the No Mar for a little less.

The No Mar is what I use. Its a buddies. I use another friends some times that he made, pretty much knocked off the No Mar. Its actually easier. Before I had a few to use for the bargain price of some tire lube and stick on wheel weights I was looking at this one. He is a vendor on the other site. Looks like it compares pretty well to the No Mar for a little less.
Damn, that Rabaconda looks pretty trick.

I have a No-Mar with lots of the factory farkles and I love it
Got the pile cheap from a dude who'd t-boned a deer and subsequently quit riding forever

It lives outside, bolted to a pallet

Fantastic for big knobbies on the r1150gs
Works great for everything else

It hasn't hurt my feelings at all

I have a No-Mar with lots of the factory farkles and I love it
Got the pile cheap from a dude who'd t-boned a deer and subsequently quit riding forever

It lives outside, bolted to a pallet

Fantastic for big knobbies on the r1150gs
Works great for everything else

It hasn't hurt my feelings at all
Thanks.

More weirdness.
6ABE10EA-41F5-4BE3-9499-84C19E78706F.jpeg

On CF wheels I make white oak levers. Metal rims I use Motion Pro rim savers and irons. NoMar lube - lots.
5D01E51A-28BD-4DC0-A191-E414B66F0522.jpeg
3FB570AF-AF29-4B1A-B610-613C2610B01C.jpeg
You're a clever chap, I'll give you that. I wonder if my plastic / rubber woodworking clamps would hold the tire in the well?

These things. They may on be big enough.

Reactions: EGR
We're running a special for the Dirt Tire Changers.

No Discounts on the new Street tire Changers at this time. Still working out supply chain issues.

I've posted up more info on the accessories and some links to bike specific tires being changed

We're running a special for the Dirt Tire Changers.

No Discounts on the new Street tire Changers at this time. Still working out supply chain issues.

I've posted up more info on the accessories and some links to bike specific tires being changed
UGH! Sorry man, I didn't know it was you.

Reactions: MVI
they're sold out until mid-September. I think I'd prefer the Rabaconda due mainly to size. I think I'll wait until then unless someone drops one in my lap.

Were taking orders on the Street Changers now.

Yes they probably will. I used some before making these wood things. I’ve mounted many Dunlop Q tires which are very stiff and the 190 rears drove me to this solution.
Thanks again.

Reactions: EGR
I hate it. Dad's got one. Rim barely stays on. Needs to be fixed to the floor. the leverage bar with the plastic tip can be a nuisance with tubed tires. I stopped using it and use three spoons on the floor.
Just buy the nomar classIII hitch adapter and be done with it. Or you can make one like I did. My full nomar setup hangs on a wall, and travels.

As stated, not optimal for tube tires. Those I do with Tusk aluminum spoons and rim protectors as needed.

I'm fond of doing the nobbies with spoons because I won't have the stupid machine on the side of a mountain. Keeping that practice has proven valuable for saving riding days.

This would be my recommendation. When (:lol2) I get a shop built, I'll have a side dedicated to motorcycles. Tire changer for both the vehicles and the motorcycles too.
I hear ya. I like my No-Mar but pretty much just use it for the bead breaker and the clamps to hold it in place while I spoon tires on and off. It may just be me but the mount/dismount bars are pretty useless in real life although they look good on YouTube videos with tires that have been mounted 100 or more times and have floppy beads and sidewalls.

I have a No-Mar and I like it. I use it to replace my tubeless tires on my GSA. Proper technique (and lots of tire lube) is important though, otherwise you'll spend more effort than necessary. There are tons of videos on Youtube.

yea, I don't know what the deal is. we've watched all those videos too. Dad and I have had no luck with it. it does better with the street tires on his VFR. The real narrow tires are a pain. We've got it mounted to a platform that extends out like 8'. We drag it out, and park a vehicle on the platform to hold it in place.

it just sucks when the rim pop out of the clamps because now you have to reset everything.
I’ve had a NoMar for about thirteen years. I always use the yellow thing which is held down with a strap around one of the three arms. The strap helps keep the yellow thing from walking on the rim and prevents the rim from spinning in the clamping spools. I am also not a fan of the NoMar mount/dismount bar as it is hard to mount a tire without the mounting bar double spools coming out of the tire/rim junction and keep the tire bead in the drop center as you try to complete the install. Hot tires and lots of lube helps as well as not stopping once you start going around the tire with the mounting bar,

To use the dismount end of the bar, I use my plastic Stubby tire tools to lever the bead out from the rim to insert the NoMar dismount tip without scratching the rim…….after all, the point is to not scratch the rims.

If mounting a tubed tire, I just use regular or Stuby tires tools for the install and do not use the NoMar bar.

Technique may be everything, but some tires are just a PITA to dismount or install.

Be aware! When asked if the Rabaconda will work on stiff tires one reseller danced around the question. I would like to have one but fear getting stuck with a $600 product that won't handle the task at hand.
FWIW - Rabacaonda units come with a lifetime warranty, and a few attachments especially for "difficult / stiff" tires.

Back
Top Bottom