What's new

Tire Changing Machine ...

10 yr old Harley tire is a great testimonial šŸ˜ They're like old co-op truck tires. Easy to work around the tube is good to hear also. Mainly interested in doing street bikes, but if I buy something I want it to work for my dirt bikes as well. Thanks for the info on that.

Is there anything on the Rabaconda you don't like?
It ain't perfect. It's still a bit of a wrestling match at times. I may have been expecting too much to start with.

You'll want to buy one of the accessories that keeps the bead in the well, and you def want some RuGlyde and a brush. If you have a small bike you probably need a small axle accessory. Basically like anything else, spend the extra $100 to start with to save aggravation down the road.

You'll want to buy one of the accessories that keeps the bead in the well
Honestly, it seems a bit scammish to me that at least one of those isn't included. If it's needed, that's not an accessory. That stuck out to me on the demo video on Rabaconda's channel. "You're gonna need a couple of these." Ok, throw it in the box then.

It's like if they sold the duck head as an optional accessory. Nah bro, that's essential. šŸ˜

They sell a starter pack that comes with the Street changer , 2x the bead tool , the grease and brush.

you need a different duck head if you have a gs , super tenere, etc. I outline that over on my vendor page

I've had a No-Mar for several years. I'm not in love with it, frankly I dread using it as I feel like I have to clamp wheels so tight they'll be damaged. I use the receiver hitch attachment in my FJ (building a new garage soon!) and started putting the floor jack under the hitch to take the SUV suspension out of the mix.

The other issue I have is a pile of worn out tires, need to find a local tire shop that will take them off my hands if I pay the disposal fees.

I've had a No-Mar for several years. I'm not in love with it, frankly I dread using it as I feel like I have to clamp wheels so tight they'll be damaged. I use the receiver hitch attachment in my FJ (building a new garage soon!) and started putting the floor jack under the hitch to take the SUV suspension out of the mix.

The other issue I have is a pile of worn out tires, need to find a local tire shop that will take them off my hands if I pay the disposal fees.

My wife offers up my old tires locally to Moms with 5-10 year old kids as tire swings in a tree.

I have not had to "Dispose" of a tire in 10 years.

I've had a No-Mar for several years. I'm not in love with it, frankly I dread using it as I feel like I have to clamp wheels so tight they'll be damaged.
Dad's got a No-Mar and we've done a few tires on it the past few weeks. We've got the hang of it now. Two people make it easier. One to push the tire down as the other spins the bar. But anything with a tube is a chore. Road tires are simple for us now.

They sell a starter pack that comes with the Street changer , 2x the bead tool , the grease and brush.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up buying, just put a bad taste in my mouth. Sorta like comparison shopping welders then realizing one of them sells the ground clamp as an additional accessory, or buying a helmet and the visor isn't included.

The alternative is try it without the drop center tools and see how it goes.

There is nothing proprietary about the Raba DCT, any DCT will work.

1685284495715.png

I have a No-Mar and it seems to me that the trick is to use the machine enough to get reasonable proficient and then use it enough to remember how to use it proficiently. No-Mar does have some pretty good videos that I have to refer back to if it has been a while between changes.

I have a No-Mar and it seems to me that the trick is to use the machine enough to get reasonable proficient and then use it enough to remember how to use it proficiently. No-Mar does have some pretty good videos that I have to refer back to if it has been a while between changes.
Iā€™ve owned one for 14 years and about 300 tire changesā€¦..some tires are a bitch to change. Others, not so much.

Top Bottom Back Refresh