What's new

To go vintage or not to go vintage

Transitioning from a vintage trials bike after riding modern...sucks. It's hard to get beyond how horrible they are to ride. Plus I'd rather ride than trying to chase parts and working on some old HOS with lousy brakes, high effort clutch, non existent suspension... Vintage bikes are cool to look at and reminisce, but the good ole days sucked in many ways.

i-K4brgF9-XL.jpg
Mike Komer concurs!

I just started riding a few years ago and my first bike was an 86 XL250R. I got antique OHRV tags for it. A one time $55 purchase and was good forever. That was neat to have.

I'd do it again. But, probably something fuel injected. We're started to pass over the line of fuel injection in antique bikes it seems.

Transitioning from a vintage trials bike after riding modern...sucks. It's hard to get beyond how horrible they are to ride. Plus I'd rather ride than trying to chase parts and working on some old HOS with lousy brakes, high effort clutch, non existent suspension... Vintage bikes are cool to look at and reminisce, but the good ole days sucked in many ways.

i-K4brgF9-XL.jpg
What he said. Been there, done that. First trials bike was in 1970. No desire to ride a vintage bike, except on the trail ( easier to sit on). I still have a fleet of vintage trials bikes, what bike do I pick to ride? The most modern ones I have. They are neat to look at and own, but I ride the modern ones.

Top Bottom Back Refresh