What's new

Tool Time

The Milwaukee grease gun is great and I appreciate the feedback. Here is my "lubrication station".

:lol3
1650720653256.png
PVC wall mount stations are genius!

Pretty fancy, pretty cool ... but do like my dad taught me; hang 'em on a nail

I want to make a grease gun holder like that, but it’s to expensive.
Not the holder or the gun you understand. I can afford those.
It’s finding and buying something with Zerk fittings that would put me over budget.

I want to make a grease gun holder like that, but it’s to expensive.
Not the holder or the gun you understand. I can afford those.
It’s finding and buying something with Zerk fittings that would put me over budget.
Gotta start somewhere. Why not with the tools?

Left wrenches for the lathe, right wrenches for the milling machine;

IMG_20220514_162906.jpg

Wrenches for the other mill;

IMG_20220514_162926.jpg

Combo wrenchs are a mix of Wright, older made in USA Kobalt, one USA Craftsman, one Williams. One crescent wrench is Wright, one Chinese Craftsman.. will replace that one someday. Brass hammers for drawbars.

I've got a couple of these homemade grease gun holders in the shop. Used my wife's crafting machine to make the label. It's nice not having grease ooze on the floor.
1652818474227.png
1652818534835.png

Here's a shot of my Stahlwille metric wrenches hanging by my workbench. My standard wrench is on the right.:D
1652388876956.png
Dude, are you a transplant? If you're a Bucs fan way up there, good for you. And if you are a transplant, do you remember this?

20211028_182646.jpg

Dude, are you a transplant? If you're a Bucs fan way up there, good for you. And if you are a transplant, do you remember this?

20211028_182646.jpg
LOL. Yeah, I'm a transplant. We bought our Vermont cabin ten years ago as a summer vacation home and when we retired in '20 we moved up here full time. I was a die hard Bucs fan from '76 up until the Darrel Revis fiasco, then I kinda just stopped following them.

LOL. Yeah, I'm a transplant. We bought our Vermont cabin ten years ago as a summer vacation home and when we retired in '20 we moved up here full time. I was a die hard Bucs fan from '76 up until the Darrel Revis fiasco, then I kinda just stopped following them.
You missed one of the best segments in time when Brady signed with them and immediately they got good enough to win the Super Bowl.

You missed one of the best segments in time when Brady signed with them and immediately they got good enough to win the Super Bowl.
Oh, I'm well aware of that. As I was preparing for retirement in the spring of '20, I said to myself that it will be nice to move to a place where the football team was always in contention for a title.

Little did I know at the time that Brady would go to the Bucs and the football world would be turned upside down! But it's all good and the little lady and I are very happy in our little cabin in the woods here in Vermont.

If I never sweat again it will be too soon!

If I never sweat again it will be too soon!
Well, the way I sweat I'm sure living up there wouldn't matter during the summer, but I absolutely hear you. I've lived in west central Florida for 61 years now and at this point I spend most of the summers either in my house or my air conditioned garage on a project, and I still sweat in the garage. I'd love to live somewhere further north but at my age, I'm done moving since we got to our current rural location 6 years ago. And I'd hate to have to invest in the stuff it takes and learn to drive in the snow. Oh, and learn to not ride for 4 or 5 months out of the year too.

I've decided that I need a cordless grease gun. I have a small Kubota tractor with numerous implements and lots of zerks. Winter in Vermont is not a happy place to be when trying to get grease to flow and I am eyeing the Milwaukee m12 unit over the M18 mainly because I already have the 12 volt batteries and charger from other tools.

The main difference that I see is 8000psi versus 10000psi with the 12v and 18v respectively. Does anyone have any experience with these?

1649760467361.png
I've just bought one of these & the only issue with it is it takes an odd size cartridge compared with most "normal" guns or the 18V Milwaukee. Just have to shop around a bit more to find the smaller cartridge.

I got tired of fooling around with a couple of incomplete socket sets, or lugging my heavy as h3ll "everything sockets" toolbox, so set this one up. 1/4" and 3/8", sae and metric, and a few other odds and ends. To fill in the socket sets I tool a run through my mixed leavings socket box and found some nice oddball sizes and included them for funsies.

I intentionally didn't include the fancy stuff; torque wrenches, speed handles, 1/2" drive stuff, and likewise omitted sets of combo wrenches and long socket drive allen keys- the goal is to keep this box simple light and portable. Theres enough space in the box to toss in some of that stuff if I'm heading somewhere and need it.

I wanted the two drawer fold out style box but I'm skeptical of this one from amazon.. its a bit floppy when open and the latches don't clamp as firmly as I'd like.. so maybe I'll upgrade to a different one when I find one I like.

small-IMG_20221113_201435.jpg

Last edited:
Who else has new tools?
I had to buy some tools to work on our new apartment in Portimao Portugal. No HF there so I went to Leroy Merlin, like Home Depot, to pick some up. $59 for this pretty damn nice set of hand tools.
20221101_095507.jpg

I had to drill some holes in concrete, so bought a $14 hammer drill. It worked great to hang the TVs.
1668536823193.png

20221111_092825.jpg

20221111_092719.jpg

Enjoyed the view with a drink when done.
20221110_171242.jpg

20221110_171009.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh