What's new

Tool Time

Ausfahrt

Member Number
I recently bought a set of German made metric wrenches.

1648149953628.png

It's hard for me to resist new quality tools.

Attachments

• 1648145073442.png
    1648145073442.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I kick myself every time I see these tool sets, I could have stocked up on this while in Germany. That set can be had for $30 or so in Obi. (German Lowes basically minus the China junk)

I still have a German made 1/4' ratchet set that I bought nearly 40 years ago and it is still going strong.
The only thing that went AWOL was, you guessed it, the 10mm socket... :bluduh Been replaced of course, but my OCD kicks in every time I see the mismatched item.... :becca

I've decided that I need a cordless grease gun. I have a small Kubota tractor with numerous implements and lots of zerks. Winter in Vermont is not a happy place to be when trying to get grease to flow and I am eyeing the Milwaukee m12 unit over the M18 mainly because I already have the 12 volt batteries and charger from other tools.

The main difference that I see is 8000psi versus 10000psi with the 12v and 18v respectively. Does anyone have any experience with these?

1649760467361.png

I've decided that I need a cordless grease gun. I have a small Kubota tractor with numerous implements and lots of zerks. Winter in Vermont is not a happy place to be when trying to get grease to flow and I am eyeing the Milwaukee m12 unit over the M18 mainly because I already have the 12 volt batteries and charger from other tools.

The main difference that I see is 8000psi versus 10000psi with the 12v and 18v respectively. Does anyone have any experience with these?

1649760467361.png
I've had the M12 version for quite a few years. It works fine and really helps when the zerk is in an awkward position that makes manual pumping difficult. I've found that it can generate more psi than the coupler is capable of handling - it's common for it to pop off the zerk. I really need to change it out for one of those locking couplers.

1649760467361.png
I have the M12 and think the size makes it better than the M18. I agree with Punkin that the one upgrade would be a locking coupler.

Thanks for the feedback guys.:thumb

I am going to get the M12 and I think that it will serve me well.

I have a locknlube coupler and I really like it but be aware that it's bulky and not able to get into some spots, most notably on the FEL of my Kubota there are several zerks that can only be accessed by going through a hole in the frame.

Thanks for the feedback guys.:thumb

I am going to get the M12 and I think that it will serve me well.

I have a locknlube coupler and I really like it but be aware that it's bulky and not able to get into some spots, most notably on the FEL of my Kubota there are several zerks that can only be accessed by going through a hole in the frame.

Solution for those hard to reach zirks ? :hide

1649772104592.png

You don't know how happy this makes me. I'm sick of dealing with grease guns melting all over the place in the southern heat. Dude, you rock ✌️
Thanks but it wasn't my idea, I stole it too! I've had it so long I can't even remember where I got the idea but I have refined it over the years. Now I don't glue in the end caps so that when grease pools at the bottom I just twist off the caps to clean them out.

The Milwaukee grease gun is great and I appreciate the feedback. Here is my "lubrication station".

:lol3
1650720653256.png

I've seen similar done in a shop with funnels and the bottom open over the used oil bin. I don't have enough funnels to justify that but paired with the grease guns...

Back
Top Bottom