What's new

Top of Rockies rally in CO

Looks like a good stop over on the way to Silverton CO

Silverton CO is my annual "get the hell out of Texas" ride.
It gets hot in Texas in July and August, and base camp at Silverton is at 9000' Elevation , nice and cool

Stoney Pass

IMG_20190715_114106.jpg

Engineer Pass

1672862652444.png

River Road

1672862828080.png

:lol3 If you live there... Same for me, one more sunset in the Keys and I'll throw up... :rofl
However, escaping the summer heat in the Deep South is a great thing, specially in the Rockies.

I usually go. Best BMW rally out there in my opinion. The picture to the left was taken in Paonia at that rally two years ago.

I agree it is the best BMW rally around. The towns people are happy to see us as well as the influx of riders is a boost to their economy too.
There are a couple of very good restaurants around as well.
My bike parked as I am scouting for the 'right' spot as in shade for most of the day...

IMG_0122.jpeg

My tent surrounded!! :lol2
68018507095__FCBBAC5D-6EFC-4E3B-88A7-94A4245C95AC.jpeg

Welcome sign in town for the event.
IMG_0124.jpeg

:lol3 If you live there... Same for me, one more sunset in the Keys and I'll throw up... :rofl
However, escaping the summer heat in the Deep South is a great thing, specially in the Rockies.
I was just kidding - glad you noticed.
If I have to ride one more mountain pass to get anywhere, I'll throw up as well.

No vegan dinners for me or any one I know. :deal and as for hob-knobbing it all depends on who you meet and want to hang around with...YMMV

The BMW tent at advpalooza has always been very welcoming of a low rent individual such as myself. Tempting me with all sorts of beer and wines, so maybe possibly I'll sign on the line. So far, I've kept my wits about me, but is has been a strain.

Last edited:
I just registered yesterday. Now off to plotting a course north and west…. Hopefully it won’t be so ridiculously hot like last year….🥵

A bit late after the fact, but I had a great time at the rally.The pizza guy was there again as well and had two of them during the rally... 😋
Got the long distance rider award as well and it was hot again riding to and from CO just like last year....🥵

Back
Top Bottom