What's new

TPI KTM/Husky/GasGas 2 stroke bikes

AlvinYork

A never was, washed up, has been
Member Number
IMG_0473.jpg

How are the late model TPI bikes holding up? I just watched a Barry Morris video where he mentioned too many problems combined with a 30 day warranty (at least in Australia) for him to consider one at this time.
I ride with 5 guys on them. No major issues yet,None are really high hours.

Super helpful, thanks! I hadn't thought of the oil pump - on the 4t I had previously I'd maybe change the oil but usually just warmed the bike up in my van which had a heated rear area so I never had to worry about the cold like that because once the case is hot it'd stay warm enough to be fluid.

How are the late model TPI bikes holding up? I just watched a Barry Morris video where he mentioned too many problems combined with a 30 day warranty (at least in Australia) for him to consider one at this time.
I have 225hrs on a 19 300 xcw tpi. Not a problem yet. Did the top end at 150 hrs, really didn't need it. I'm going to put in a new oil pump this week, again no problem with it. Just preventive.

The 300's power is very smooth. Coming of a KX500, it feels pretty boring even though you are moving right along. It never feels like it is trying to kill you. I miss that sometimes.

The front forks are set up like a super cross bike, very stiff. The harder you push the better they feel. Downside is, I'm not that fast anymore.

Good to see you here 😀

How's your new suspension from George?
Doing good. Have a few hours on it and all is well. Nothing tough tho, mostly dualsport stuff since my 501 is down. George has the shock for it as well

Back
Top Bottom