What's new

Tracks for your riding areas

Oldtrialer

Member Number
Finally recorded tracks for Candytown MC. Blue is Novice, Yellow Intermediate with some deep ruts. There is a Grahm Jarvis section, but I won't try that. We have some serious enduro and hare scrambles riders in the club.

1660514817051.png

1660514845760.png

1660514871422.png

Nice. I would love to map/track my local riding area but have no Idea how to even start.
How did you do that?
and please dumb it down for me. Computers are strictly recreation for me
Thanks IA
G

Here is how I would do it on my Garmin Montana:

1. Once at the track and ready to go, clear the current track on the GPS to start clean (Track Manager -> Current Track -> Clear Current Track).
2. Ride the track one time.
3. Save the current track and give it a name (Track Manager -> Current Track -> Save -> type desired name -> hit checkmark to save).
4. Plug the GPS into my laptop with a USB cord.
5. Launch Garmin Basecamp.
6. On the left column under Devices, Find the Montana, and click on the Internal Storage folder.
7. Now you should see the track you saved above. Click on it to view it on the map or right-click and copy it to any of your track lists.

Nice. I would love to map/track my local riding area but have no Idea how to even start.
How did you do that?
and please dumb it down for me. Computers are strictly recreation for me
Thanks IA
G
Used the Gaia GPS app and cell phone. It's free to log in. The opening screen has a record button to start recording. Everything is saved to the cloud so you can access it from phone or PC.

Used the Gaia GPS app and cell phone. It's free to log in. The opening screen has a record button to start recording. Everything is saved to the cloud so you can access it from phone or PC.
Thank you..!

Here is how I would do it on my Garmin Montana:

1. Once at the track and ready to go, clear the current track on the GPS to start clean (Track Manager -> Current Track -> Clear Current Track).
2. Ride the track one time.
3. Save the current track and give it a name (Track Manager -> Current Track -> Save -> type desired name -> hit checkmark to save).
4. Plug the GPS into my laptop with a USB cord.
5. Launch Garmin Basecamp.
6. On the left column under Devices, Find the Montana, and click on the Internal Storage folder.
7. Now you should see the track you saved above. Click on it to view it on the map or right-click and copy it to any of your track lists.
I'm a little too Stone Age I still use my Garmin from my car on Moto trips..I really should update, but the reality is that I love to get lost so All I really need is the Home button.
Thank you for responding.

Back
Top Bottom