What's new

Trials Boots

Indy Trialer

Member Number
Sorry to start this type of thread over here. But, I'm looking at new trials boots as my son has grown into my older Astars. I'm just trying to get size/feel/fitment of the Sidi Zero 2 vs Gaerne. Astars are too expensive for my taste. I don't necessarily need waterproof.

I'm size 9 us shoes. Somewhat wide forefoot. My old Astars were 10, but felt ok with thick mx socks.

Also, any input on sole wear experience is appreciated.

Thanks!

I am a big Alpinestars TecT fan, but i also have a pair of hebo Tec 2s, which were less than half price and i am yet to find fault with them. I have a pair of oneals too forget the name exactly Sierra or Sahara some such name, More a Trail bike boot IMO .
In my opinion if on a budget look at Hebo i like them.

I had a pair of the older Sidi Trial Zeros, not the 2 model. They were very comfortable but got too soft. Like they would not even stand up on their own.
I am currently riding some Gaerne Classic Balance boots. They have held up well. They have more support than the Balance Oiled. I have about 400 hours on them and they are still waterproof. The soles are rough but still serviceable.
I might try some Alpinestars this year.

I had a pair of the older Sidi Trial Zeros, not the 2 model. They were very comfortable but got too soft. Like they would not even stand up on their own.
I am currently riding some Gaerne Classic Balance boots. They have held up well. They have more support than the Balance Oiled. I have about 400 hours on them and they are still waterproof. The soles are rough but still serviceable.
I might try some Alpinestars this year.
I didn't know the Classic balance were waterproof, always for some reason thought only the balance oiled were....

I didn't know the Classic balance were waterproof, always for some reason thought only the balance oiled were....

They might not technically be waterproof but I can walk through a stream and not get wet. That is good enough for me, as we have many stream sections here on the east coast.

Wide feet will like Gaerne, tho I dont like the soft gummy soles on bikes with sharp pegs, to be fair been few years since I had a pair of gaerne. So I like the Forma Boulders soles better but even the natural boulder boots need breaking in, I use mink oil and mink oil paste. takes a few trials to soften up to Gaerne softness (least on my pair I bought 2 or 3 years ago). bolders seem to come up higher on my legs, like almost an inch.

I just got some Alpine Star Tech T and they are the firmest boots I have had , the Forma I have are taller that is nice since I have long legs .
The Gaernes Balance are great boots as far as comfort goes but get sort and do not have as much protection . The most important thing about boots is that they don't get used !

Really like my Forma Boulder boots. I bought them originally because they had a slightly stiffer sole but not too stiff. In 3 years of use they are really only showing a little wear on the top left boot from shifting. The soles are still in great shape. I'd probably buy them again when the time comes.

I have EE wide forefoot for some reason. From what I was able to research, the Sidi are good for fat feet. Now I don't know. Gaerne better for duck feet? So confused. No trials dealers around to try on. Grr.

I have EE wide forefoot for some reason. From what I was able to research, the Sidi are good for fat feet. Now I don't know. Gaerne better for duck feet? So confused. No trials dealers around to try on. Grr.

Sounds like you need to take a vacation to one of the New Mexico trials events. Carl of Motoworks has a huge box truck he brings to events. I parked next to him at the UTE cup. He had dozens of boots in stock. Lots of clothing. And just about any part you could imagine.

Back
Top Bottom