What's new

Trials Haulers

A couple variations

9A2F61CB-CB79-4DDE-8E4D-56FABFB4A780.png

A6106A78-B8E9-4A0C-A531-55F3FF9ADA89.png

At moment using a Dave cooper motorcycle rack.
1646001228840.png

Its Ok but ill be honest i do not like using it, not even on a 4x4.
Even with a small bike on the back you know its there, fin for local events but not great on highways or at speed. I would not go so far as to say its unsafe o anything like that but i do not like the rack, and these racks are very light strong and well designed.
I Built a fully enclosed trailer from a rv chassis, it was rear loading door, and loaded the bike backwards and the trailer was aerodynamic in that the rear mudguard was at the front, and the bars at the back. It was made for two trials bikes loaded in the way i describe. and it was a good design IMO, in fact its perfect in my opinion. but i made my first one too heavy in my opinion. I will be making another soon, but this time, i will use just 1" box section for the panel framework. I used heavy angle for the tailgate frame and door frame. it was strong, but i want my next one superlight.

At moment using a Dave cooper motorcycle rack.
1646001228840.png

Its Ok but ill be honest i do not like using it, not even on a 4x4.
Even with a small bike on the back you know its there, fin for local events but not great on highways or at speed. I would not go so far as to say its unsafe o anything like that but i do not like the rack, and these racks are very light strong and well designed.
I Built a fully enclosed trailer from a rv chassis, it was rear loading door, and loaded the bike backwards and the trailer was aerodynamic in that the rear mudguard was at the front, and the bars at the back. It was made for two trials bikes loaded in the way i describe. and it was a good design IMO, in fact its perfect in my opinion. but i made my first one too heavy in my opinion. I will be making another soon, but this time, i will use just 1" box section for the panel framework. I used heavy angle for the tailgate frame and door frame. it was strong, but i want my next one superlight.
Love the gold rims on the 09 4RT!

The Fiesty Fiesta! for single day events .
The 2500HD Sierra has been replaced with a FISO.
but the Fiesta is still better on gas.

20210731_083738.jpg
I love when people use cars to haul our little trials bikes, either on racks or more comfortably on a variety of trailers. No need to break out the monster gas guzzler. Last long trip I did I got 35 mph (mostly highway) with the bike on the back of the car. With a trailer I found a few less MPGs but not significantly so.

I love when people use cars to haul our little trials bikes, either on racks or more comfortably on a variety of trailers. No need to break out the monster gas guzzler. Last long trip I did I got 35 mph (mostly highway) with the bike on the back of the car. With a trailer I found a few less MPGs but not significantly so.

It is so easy to just toss the bikes in the van. It is temping to get a hitch for the car and tow one of the trailers I have but most day trips are close to home, so any saving would be minimal.

I pull this behind a Honda Fit and can’t really tell it’s back there wrt gas consumption. The rail comes off with two bolts, and the tongue folds under, so I can stand it up against a wall in my garage nicely.
22031D85-F7B5-4F7C-B99C-626AB8FE726C.jpeg

Last edited:
It is so easy to just toss the bikes in the van. It is temping to get a hitch for the car and tow one of the trailers I have but most day trips are close to home, so any saving would be minimal.
No question if you have a van for work or otherwise use it, great. I see you and Norm doing just that.

I just see so many people go out and buy the big pickup and then only haul something once in a blue moon. Got horses or a big boat or work construction? You need a truck or a big van. Sit on you ass doing computer stuff all day and then take a trials bike to an event every few weekends, and need to do a Home Depot run once in a while? Either get yourself a car or a Ford Transit Connect, something economical so the $5 per gallon doesn't put a crimp in your motorcycling budget and then rent a truck for the HD trips.

:dunno What is FISO?

No question if you have a van for work or otherwise use it, great. I see you and Norm doing just that.

I just see so many people go out and buy the big pickup and then only haul something once in a blue moon. Got horses or a big boat or work construction? You need a truck or a big van. Sit on you ass doing computer stuff all day and then take a trials bike to an event every few weekends, and need to do a Home Depot run once in a while? Either get yourself a car or a Ford Transit Connect, something economical so the $5 per gallon doesn't put a crimp in your motorcycling budget and then rent a truck for the HD trips.

OK story as to what a FISO is:
I have been told of a story (from a very reputable source) of a Ford service customer.
She came in and wanted her husband's Ford FISO fixed.
The tech calmly explained that Ford has never offered a model called the FISO.
She became very irate, and would not let it go.
Even made him go out to the parking lot where she had the FISO parked.

ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FB5EAAOSwRQlXfQuw%2Fs-l300.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

why do I own a truck (which is currently a FISO)?
I will soon have a camper to haul around, I regularily haul logs, rocks, pull large logs, move furniture for family/friends/myself, haul 100# propane cylinders for filling, use it for setting logs for section building, towing cars on trailers.............. you know "truck stuff".
all other times the Fiesty Fiesta is in full 4 cylinder, 5-speed manual gloriously high revved skipping 4th gear use. oh yeah baby!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom