What's new

Trials Haulers

OK story as to what a FISO is:
I have been told of a story (from a very reputable source) of a Ford service customer.
She came in and wanted her husband's Ford FISO fixed.
The tech calmly explained that Ford has never offered a model called the FISO.
She became very irate, and would not let it go.
Even made him go out to the parking lot where she had the FISO parked.

ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FB5EAAOSwRQlXfQuw%2Fs-l300.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

why do I own a truck (which is currently a FISO)?
I will soon have a camper to haul around, I regularily haul logs, rocks, pull large logs, move furniture for family/friends/myself, haul 100# propane cylinders for filling, use it for setting logs for section building, towing cars on trailers.............. you know "truck stuff".
all other times the Fiesty Fiesta is in full 4 cylinder, 5-speed manual gloriously high revved skipping 4th gear use. oh yeah baby!!!!!

:imaposer Like a 710 cap but different.

Reminds me of the story when a friend got a call from the mechanic, he said she needed an ”engineer filter” . It took a good 5 min of back and forth, for her to get him to slow down and say “engine air filter”.

Leaving the shortbus home this weekend since I'm flying solo and fuel is over $5/gal. Been building out my Touareg the last few months so no time like the present!

3.0 TDI, 2" lift, 32s, blah blah blah... Guess I'll know Sunday morning how good it is to sleep in. So far looking good.
IMG_20220427_065346_667.jpg
IMG_20220416_132859_118.jpg
IMG_20220429_131504_935.jpg
IMG_20220429_131523_536.jpg
IMG_20220429_132618_434.jpg

Current rig, have had it just over 2 years works great to transport 1 or 2 bikes around locally. Obviously very quick and secure for 2 bikes (other bike is my brothers who does not have a way to transport his bike). Downside is I’m still tent camping at events which I am kind of sick of. And the truck has been put into service as a work vehicle and with gas prices, the mileage reimbursement is less than a great situation. I can’t ever seem to do much better than about 20 mpg. Midsize truck with half ton truck mileage.

Intrigued by those using the smaller vehicles and a small trailer or hitch carrier. My mind is back and forth on a better camping set up vs getting better mpgs given.

5F45984C-A283-4ECC-9E39-BC0805D60A8D.jpeg

I pull this behind a Honda Fit and can’t really tell it’s back there wrt gas consumption. The rail comes off with two bolts, and the tongue folds under, so I can stand it up against a wall in my garage nicely.
22031D85-F7B5-4F7C-B99C-626AB8FE726C.jpeg
I like that .^^^^^^
Not sure about the rest of you folks on here but even since my last post on this thread my Regular transport (CAR/ Truck wise) is changing evolving if you like to suit the immediate fiscal situation given the price of fuel.

I’ve been really happy with the van for a camping rig. Luckily I had just rethought my bike mounting in the van to move it a bit closer to the passenger side and reversed it so the handlebars are at the back. Last minute change in plans to the trial last weekend in that they decided to have a vintage on Saturday after the modern event, so we had to squeeze the Bul in the van too…..
2204D7CF-B1D0-4C59-8613-4B302FBF2F5C.jpeg

Current rig, have had it just over 2 years works great to transport 1 or 2 bikes around locally. Obviously very quick and secure for 2 bikes (other bike is my brothers who does not have a way to transport his bike). Downside is I’m still tent camping at events which I am kind of sick of. And the truck has been put into service as a work vehicle and with gas prices, the mileage reimbursement is less than a great situation. I can’t ever seem to do much better than about 20 mpg. Midsize truck with half ton truck mileage.

Intrigued by those using the smaller vehicles and a small trailer or hitch carrier. My mind is back and forth on a better camping set up vs getting better mpgs given.

In my personal opinion the lower MPG is worth having a comfortable camping set up.
For multiple day events I take the FISO (F150) and camper about 8mpg towing camper (Redneck Mansion, gotta keep the Mrs happy). But SO much more comfortable and enjoyable camping experience.

For single day event I will take the Fiestha with trailer, about 35mpg

Brewtus , you need this thing! It is in ABQ (edit, it in on the ABQ Cl, looks like Colorado Springs).

57A56D09-95FD-4B89-8142-71D2AC0A3048.jpeg

Brewtus , you need this thing! It is in ABQ (edit, it in on the ABQ Cl, looks like Colorado Springs).

57A56D09-95FD-4B89-8142-71D2AC0A3048.jpeg

6.0? No thank you, done had a ton of fun with that nonsense last year.

KIMG3094-L.jpg

I use a hitch carrier, but not what i'd call a smaller vehicle. I have a cot set up semi-permanently under the shell. Mileage is about 26 with this setup. I get about 19 when I pull my cargo trailer.

Attachments

• HH.jpg
    HH.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom Back Refresh