What's new

Trials (Or Not Trials) Dumping Ground

As far as car racing goes, far and away the best deal is the arrive-and-drive indoor/outdoor karting tracks nearby. Yes it seems expensive at $25 for a 6 minute heat, but when compared to autocrossing (time, tires, brakes, buying a suitable car), drag racing or even track days then nothing autosport seems to come close. If only I was 155 pounds again, I could be a contender!

Trials is definitely among the least expensive and most accessible motorsports there is. I can't think of many where you can practice in your garage/basement (static balancing), fire up the engine and practice turns in teh driveway, and on a small plot of land practice right in the backyard. Plus the consumables are ridiculously few and far between once you get established with a core set of tools/chemicals, basically tires once a season for most riders, brakes maybe every few seasons, grease the bearings when they get wet, and that's about it. Of course my wife still thinks it is expensive... "another package for you at the front door?!?"

As far as car racing goes, far and away the best deal is the arrive-and-drive indoor/outdoor karting tracks nearby. Yes it seems expensive at $25 for a 6 minute heat, but when compared to autocrossing (time, tires, brakes, buying a suitable car), drag racing or even track days then nothing autosport seems to come close. If only I was 155 pounds again, I could be a contender!

Trials is definitely among the least expensive and most accessible motorsports there is. I can't think of many where you can practice in your garage/basement (static balancing), fire up the engine and practice turns in teh driveway, and on a small plot of land practice right in the backyard. Plus the consumables are ridiculously few and far between once you get established with a core set of tools/chemicals, basically tires once a season for most riders, brakes maybe every few seasons, grease the bearings when they get wet, and that's about it. Of course my wife still thinks it is expensive... "another package for you at the front door?!?"
I’ve played at drag racing, Motorcycle trials is dirt cheap in comparison even with a back up bike. The consumables on my mountain bike are higher then my trials bike. Cheap and fun is a great combination.

I wasn't even in the market for a kart, but when I saw it at a buddy's shop and heard that his employee owned it and wanted to throw a Horror Freight lump in it for his kids to bash around in, I had to save it. I traded a fun kart chassis I had been lugging around for 30 years or so (more suited for the HF engine) and VERY little $$$ for it. The kart was a "barn find", my buddy discovered it in the shed of his business partner who passed away. The partner was a very good friend of mine, I had no idea he had this thing sitting in his shed (an old chicken coop).

The crummy old fun kart, sitting in the attic of the shack -

20220211_090620-M.jpg

The Margay when it got dragged out of the coop last summer -

IMG_0573-L.jpg

IMG_0574-L.jpg

I'll get to this thing whenever I can source a KT100 engine for it. Until then, it'll most likely get hung in the shack. :D

This sounds interesting - Great to see the top riders giving back to the up and comers.

I have a Roku with this TV channel, they play a lot of trials. Many videos are on this site and can be watched.

I'm not seeing x-trial or edgesport on my roku? Details?

I scanned ahead and did not see this Friday’s event listed but I did see some reruns from the events in the early winter.

On what channel?

There is no "x-trial", or "edgesport" channel on mine? :dunno

On what channel?

There is no "x-trial", or "edgesport" channel on mine? :dunno

It looks like 6pm today is Barcelona 2021, I can see the schehedule too far ahead but I don’t see anything upcoming, that is not a rerun.

1CBFAAA4-9ED2-47EB-9489-322AC727DA11.jpeg

Yeah, you have to search for niche channels not automatically populated on a Roku but there's a crapload available for free, though many of them aren't much. I live rural and we stream everything, no cable or fiber in our area.

Top Bottom Back Refresh