What's new

Trials (Or Not Trials) Dumping Ground

Nhuskys

Member Number
Gordy hasn't showed up yet, so I'll start this....

NMTA needs to take El Hombre out for a trials basics lesson....

I invited him over, he said he might just retreat to full time instagram user.
That's too bad. Not surprising as he's a Tik Tok guy now. It makes him a bigger hit with the Monster Girls!
1644168310917.png

Rode to the club today to check on supplies for upcoming events. Decided to see what the woods was like. Wood chip covered was ok. Everywhere else was an inch of mud on ice. Only made it about a mile around the 3 mile single track before I gave up. And to think I used to practice in these conditions on my 348 Montesa in the 70's.

1644621101265.jpeg

Rode to the club today to check on supplies for upcoming events. Decided to see what the woods was like. Wood chip covered was ok. Everywhere else was an inch of mud on ice. Only made it about a mile around the 3 mile single track before I gave up. And to think I used to practice in these conditions on my 348 Montesa in the 70's.

1644621101265.jpeg

Is that where the gathering is happening this Sunday?

I really needed another project/time suck, so I grabbed this late '60's-early '70's era Margay Concept Enduro kart from a buddy the other day. Trials(ish) reference will be when I source a Yamaha KT100 kart engine for it. Okay, the reference is a stretch... :lol3

20220211_115358-M.jpg

IMG_7999-M.jpg

IMG_2755_LI-M.jpg

Okay, back to the rest of the junk in the shack. :D

I'm not much of a football fan anymore but- I grew up in central CA and rooted for the LA Rams whilst living in Niner country. 80's Joe Montana days. I lived in Socal for many years as well. I'll never live there again gross.

I like small market, underdog teams. So, I hope the Bengals win.

I really needed another project/time suck, so I grabbed this late '60's-early '70's era Margay Concept Enduro kart from a buddy the other day. Trials(ish) reference will be when I source a Yamaha KT100 kart engine for it. Okay, the reference is a stretch... :lol3

20220211_115358-M.jpg

IMG_7999-M.jpg

IMG_2755_LI-M.jpg

Okay, back to the rest of the junk in the shack. :D

I've always wanted a go cart. Cool.

I raced a Birel 125 shifter cart for a couple of years, never again. Huge time suck, and expensive tires every other weekend.

How much are tires? Google says $120 for a set of 4. When riding dirt bikes a lot, I would go through a pair of tires in 2 weeks. Trials is great because tires and other consumables last so much longer.

A set of 4 of the softest was about $130 every 2 weeks 20 years ago, then you had to have 2 sets of spare alu. rims, put rings and maybe a piston every 2 months, brake pads every month, chains and different sprockets for each track, etc. Nearest track was 40 miles from my house, racing at other tracks about 120 miles away, it got to be too much time and money for 15 minutes of track time 3 times a race day. Then doing trials also the same month, I was never home on the weekends.

Back
Top Bottom