What's new

TRS mega thread

link to their Vendor page

The TRS CDI mode switch bracket I've been printing for several years is now available for free download and "self printing". If it works on other bikes or other applications, please let me know so I can update the description. If simple changes are needed to expand it's utility, please let me know and I'll try to make them. I already have a handlebar sized version if anyone is interested.

https://www.printables.com/model/57439-trs-motorcycle-cdi-mode-switch-bracket

20210219_163244_d.jpg

Is the Kashima coating on the forks a new thing? They have been using that coating on MTB forks for about 15 years now, it is pretty slippery.
Kashima? I’ve seen both Tech and Jitsie fork tubes that look like that with lettering and marks in them for a while now….is Kashima a fancy word for fork tubes with letters???

:D

Kashima? I’ve seen both Tech and Jitsie fork tubes that look like that with lettering and marks in them for a while now….is Kashima a fancy word for fork tubes with letters???

:D

Kashima is a step above what I have seen on other forks in the past. It is an extremely slippery coating.

How would you tell at a glance?

The color shade of the fork tubes. I could tell the color was different, so I looked up the specs on the bike and they mentioned the coating in the press release. There was also this photo in the press release.

8A6AE145-352E-4202-8410-1D5142726471.jpeg

The color shade of the fork tubes. I could tell the color was different, so I looked up the specs on the bike and they mentioned the coating in the press release. There was also this photo in the press release.

8A6AE145-352E-4202-8410-1D5142726471.jpeg
Ok cool. I need to try and start looking a photos on a screen bigger than my phone.......:jjen

Ok cool. I need to try and start looking a photos on a screen bigger than my phone.......:jjen

This guy talks about it a bit, starting at 13:54 in his video, basically, most riders might not notice a difference if they were blindfolded. This goes for much of the tech in a TRS Gold. I think the TRS One is more than enough bike for most of us, anything more than that is just a want and desire for a little bling. I like my TRS RR but I fully acknowledge that is it probably more bike than my skill level.

I am testing out a electric start button protector from MotoTrialsParts. This is a nice part for very little money.

I am hearing of some tether cap failures. The magnet retaining lip is cracked or failed completely.

I have revised the design to address this problem and will replace any 1st generation caps free of charge. Please PM me if you'd like a replacement.

Jetting changes to my TRS XTrack

After listening to all the TRS come through our section while checking at a recent trial at Lightning raceway there were only 2 TRS bikes that sounded correct to me.

I decided to get the part throttle burble out of my XTrack too,but I have a Dellorto instead of a Keihin so I had to figure it out myself,just going the same direction as A buddy who was one of the mentioned bikes.(A Raga)

I think TRS stock jetting was a attempt to correct off idle response just by leaning out the pilot jet. They did go with a 60 slide so I didn’t have to buy one of those. Stock atomizer was a 270k (and I think that’s what comes in all the carbs directly from Dellorto ) and I had swapped in a 268k without any net effect so I put up with it for awhile. I had already bumped up the pilot jet to a 42 so the mixture screw would actually have a effect. With the original 36 pilot you could crank the screw fully out and it would never go rich. Stock adjustment was 3 1/2 turns. Now with the 42 pilot it’s 1 1/2 Turns out and can be adjusted rich or lean.

Stock D36 needle middle position. Fairly lean needle according to the charts.

I decide I could get it better if I just tried and Put in a 264k atomizer and wow,runs so smooth now! You can climb a muddy spun out hill on the slightest wisp of the throttle and she is electric motor smooth without any sign of a burble maintaining traction all the way. No knocking at all,no bog at any time. Totally changed the character of the bike. Before if you tried to ease through something it would blubber and fail to actually pull forward unless you twisted the throttle farther open,which made the bike aggressively spin up and lunge forward or loose traction.

I do not do the pilot jet test by hammering the throttle wide open from idle and listening for a bog because that’s not a maneuver I make riding trials.

Possibly I could have utilized a 266k and been good with the original 36 pilot but I like having the potential to richen the idle mixture if I go riding below freezing. The 42 pilot has the effect of richening the transition phase when it goes from adding air to the pilot circuit to delivering fuel from both the pilot and transition ports,maybe why I had to go to the 264k.

The bike Still has good acceleration if throttle is twisted deep but it comes on much smoother. I think this is what’s going on with almost all of the modern trials bikes when guys say their bike is too aggressive. Blubber blubber Zap as they open the throttle.

The bike is massively better riding the loop, it’s very pleasant between the section,like street bike smooth.

I may make another small change later on if it gets rich again in hot weather,but to 83* it does great

I’m also trying to set up another friends Raga,I made it better by using the jetting specs I got from the guy who had the bike that ran so good at the trials I checked at but think I can get it better with some more tweaking. I personally think Dellorto carbs are easier to dial in for myself. If I get a good Keihin setup I will report back.

Back
Top Bottom