What's new

TRS mega thread

Yinzer Moto

Member Number
Who has a TRS? We have a couple.

AA249ABD-1445-4D0D-B462-AFEA0262B944.jpeg

I'm considering changing the gearing a bit and want some thoughts. At nearly 250 pounds, my 250 One R does great everywhere but fast hilly transfers.
I don't want a dramatic change, so I am thinking maybe 2 or 3 teeth on the rear?

Reactions: MVI
I have been taking the stock 10 tooth fronts off and switching to 9 tooth. I like what it does for the slow speed control. I am ride the bike in higher RPM, further away from the point of stalling. It is cheap and really easy to just try a 9 tooth.
At your weight, and riding a 250, you will probably always need to drop out of 5th on big hills during transfers. I am nearly 90 pounds lighter and I needed 3rd to get to the top of some hills at the UTE cup this year. Altitude really hits hard. Some of your riding areas may be pretty high.

I have been taking the stock 10 tooth fronts off and switching to 9 tooth. I like what it does for the slow speed control. I am ride the bike in higher RPM, further away from the point of stalling. It is cheap and really easy to just try a 9 tooth.
At your weight, and riding a 250, you will probably always need to drop out of 5th on big hills during transfers. I am nearly 90 pounds lighter and I needed 3rd to get to the top of some hills at the UTE cup this year. Altitude really hits hard. Some of your riding areas may be pretty high.

Yeah, I live at 4500' ASL and ride from sea level to 7000 regularly.
I'll try the 9 tooth but I suspect it'll make my main section gear 2nd?
I'm also trying to have patience with the bike and my learning curve on it. Coming from a Montesa 300RR I'm used to truck loads of power and torque. Great fun on the loop, but it got me in trouble in sections.

I still use 1st the majority of times, in sections. If I am looking at a 4’ splatter, I will shift to second. Or a long climb in a section, I’ll use 2nd or 3rd.

I'll check to see if LewisportUSA has a 9 tooth for me, since I'll be there this weekend. Do you have to shorten your chain?

Notice I have a kicker. I'm not man enough for the left side, especially the over the bars dismount on the backside.

Reactions: MVI
The left side would be terrifying, at least without a minder.

I tried one similar, it was so rotten it was like riding mud.
Glad I didn’t have the skill to get up it, I had no idea what I’d have done on the backside.

Apologies for the Sherco pic.

3C747EC0-5758-448D-BFB6-2791C0450C8B.jpeg

AD4460BC-2A26-42A0-B93E-792D7F5137B2.jpeg

No, that is the nice thing, just pop it on and adjust tension. I wish it was so easy with the rear.
Sweet! Mandy is supposed to bring me one tomorrow. I'll make sure I get it installed during the week before going to Wilseyville to work on the National event. That will be a great opportunity to test it out.

Back
Top Bottom