What's new

Truck Tents

Well that is also an alternate to a truck tent for sure, I'd need to add a cot to make that work

bad pelvis all
I use a rug and a tall Queen air mattress. Even enough room for a portable flush toilet... Happy wife!

:lol3

Reactions: MVI
Here it is set up at the CADVR. Left the van for crew trips into town for supplys.

IMG_20150812_181058600.jpg

What is the advantage of a truck bed tent vs a regular tent? I see a few downside, in a regular tent, I have enjoyed the warmth of the earth under us. I remember one morning in Yellowstone where I thought we might have camped on top of an active geothermal area (likely was not the case) because everything was covered in frost but the floor of the tent was warm. Having to empty the contents of the truck bed seems like an additional chore.

The rightline tents would let you leave stuff in the bed and put the tent around it. It doesn't go in. At half off I am tempted to give it a go.

1656431823402.png

The thing I don't like about that tent is the rainfly, it doesn't extend past the foot print of the tent at the door. I guarantee you will dump water inside if you try to enter or exit in the rain. While I don't like camping in the rain, it always seems to rain when I go camping.

Back
Top Bottom