What's new

Tubeliss ??

Buschog

Member Number
As mentioned in another thread, I had a pinch flat at my last event. All told it cost me 13 points (8 riding sections on it, and another 5 because I was rushing to catch up during a timed event). It also moved me from 2nd to 4th.

I put Tubliss in my Montesa last year for the Ute Cup, and I am certain that it saved me from at least one flat front (hit so hard it hurt my hands) WFO in 5th.

I'm guessing I have 75-100 hours on that setup since the Ute. Can I get away with pulling the Tubeliss out and putting it in the TRS, or should I just buy a new one?

As mentioned in another thread, I had a pinch flat at my last event. All told it cost me 13 points (8 riding sections on it, and another 5 because I was rushing to catch up during a timed event). It also moved me from 2nd to 4th.

I put Tubliss in my Montesa last year for the Ute Cup, and I am certain that it saved me from at least one flat front (hit so hard it hurt my hands) WFO in 5th.

I'm guessing I have 75-100 hours on that setup since the Ute. Can I get away with pulling the Tubeliss out and putting it in the TRS, or should I just buy a new one?

I have moved tubliss from one bike to the next. Just be gentle with removing the rubber liner. I would take this opportunity to put a new tube in the liner.

What kind of pressure are you running in your front tire?
I hadn’t thought of switching from a tube, but I am switching my dirt bike from tubliss to mousse so I might give it a try since I’ll have one laying around.

I like to run no more than 6. But that pinch flat has me around 8 and it feels like stone.

With the tubeliss I ran 5.5ish, and 6.5 at the UTE Cup

I found if I go too low on the front, the steering gets difficult to turn. I inflate a little above that, for me, that is 5psi. Your weight also matters a good bit, I am under 170 pounds.

I typically run 4 front And back if it is dry, and 3.5 ish in the wet. But we don’t have any rocks in our riding areas, just lots of soft duff, slick clay, roots and logs.

I normally will replace the high pressure bladder at tire changes. Excessive? Maybe. But have only had one burp front deflation. I keep the pulled bladders as in the trailer spares. I also started adding an ounce of Stan's to the high pressure bladder in addition to the Stan's in the tire.

Last edited:
I installed a Tubeliss rear on my ty175 after not being able keep a Dunlop tubeless tire seated on my stock rim with a tube. Been very happy with Tubeliss system and the Dunlop tire. IRC tubed tires stay seated but I don't like how squirmy they make the backend feel. Dunlop discontinued their tubed rear tire.

The Tubeliss setup is a few ounces heavier than the std weight tube and rim locks that I removed.

Top Bottom Back Refresh