What's new

UK Motorcycle Licensing .Today . Insight.

And meanwhile - there’s age 10, 1953, boyfriend of mother’s cousin, for a good laugh, put me on his Indian with “Go ride it around the block…”

And meanwhile - there’s age 10, 1953, boyfriend of mother’s cousin, for a good laugh, put me on his Indian with “Go ride it around the block…”
We got a nanny state here in the Uk. everyone is going to live forever its all possible by laws, that is of course when it isnt possible and despite the training and laws folks get killed.

First of all, riding a 50cc anything in traffic scares me to death! They're a menice to traffic and should be relagated to the dumsters (tips) or kept on the campus'.

If you can ride a midrange machine in traffic and on the highway for a year after passing a written & practical test then have at it! Why all this intentinal obfascation? Most of us old timers bought a bike, hopped on, and rode away, there was no "motorcycle licence" back then.

(Yes, you young whipper snappers, we had drivers licences back then printed on paper.)

They dont like motlorcycles, and the complexity of obtaining a licence puts many off bothering. To be fair and as much as i like bikes as a youngster and now, if i were 16/ 17 i am not sure i would bother with bikes on the road, i was and still am heavy into Trials and i really can not say what i would have done if faced with what new riders must do here.

When the rules are designed by bureaucrats, the result is always going to be stupid, moronic and senseless. Their intentions may be honorable but they just don't have the knowledge or mental capacity required to do even a reasonably good job.

And you never looked back did you? How many bikes since then? I hope you still send that dude X-mass cards every year. LOL

When the rules are designed by bureaucrats, the result is always going to be stupid, moronic and senseless. Their intentions may be honorable but they just don't have the knowledge or mental capacity required to do even a reasonably good job.
With so few people owning motorcycles in the UK, the government isn't going to prioritize any reforms in licensing. I looked up some statistics in the UK. (see below) I can say the same for Canada, where motorcycle ownership is low.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom