What's new

Upper Michigan - Say ya' to da' UP, eh!?

Finished today... and heading north back to the UP!

IMG_20220929_121406.jpg

So....it appears that I am officially retired.....or is it just unemployed, and too lazy to look for another job. :hmmmmm

Anyway, as I approach the end of my second week of freedom, I wonder how I ever found time to work. I'm running constantly getting stuff done. Haven't even done anything fun yet.... just trying to get caught up on some of the stuff I ignored for the past 35+ years.

Also busy getting ready to tackle the TAT the first of May. I guess doing that has been fun.

and....it's ginormous!!!! :fpalm

Didn't look it on my phone, but it is on my computer screen.

Anyone know how to get them to load a bit smaller? (other than going though 50 steps to resize...I want to dump from my phone directly on here).

Last edited:
On to more current stuff...

Yesterday, the wife and I jumped on the bikes and went in search of the historic "rock cut". I'd heard of it, but had never seen it personally.

More info here: https://lostinmichigan.net/the-rock-cut-in-the-upper-peninsula/

So.... the forecast was for gradual clearing....I'm happy to report it poured rain the entire time, and then the fog rolled in. It was a balmy 59 degrees.

We eventually slogged our way down 50+ miles of dirt trails and finally found our destination.

Look closely at the first pic and notice that spec in the red jacket and white helmet. That's my wife. Gives a sense of scale.

i-BHPmWhx-X2.jpg

i-FxxxG9f-X2.jpg

I’m disappointed that I never made it up to the UP this year.

I hadn’t been over the bridge in at least a decade but was fortunate enough to get up there the last two years. Maybe next year… 😊

Top Bottom Back Refresh