MVI

MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
1669381640585.png

Hope more states follow suit.

It's telling that with all the moaning and whining about 'freedom' you don't hear pilots complain about proper training and certification...they know how dangerous it would be to hand the controls to an unlicensed operator.

Public offroad riding doesnt exist here. Every piece of land is private. The big complex about 2hrs away is a giant summer long party place. Definitely not a place to take kids. Their website advertises the daisy duke contests. Cold now so I might check it out. Costs a small fortune because everything is charged. If one rider brings 4 bikes...the truck, the rider and each bike has a seperate charge. Probably be well over $50 to go testing for an afternoon.

I will be the odd man out here and disagree. Just look at all of the superior drivers and riders (sarcasim) that state required motor vehicle training (i.e., DMV requirements) and the MSF programs have produced.

During my last trip to the Death Valley area, one of us completed an online course for a free campfire permit, right from the campsite - primitive/open camping area. Short, easy to understand, and the officials knew where we were if the fire got loose.

It worked so well I doubted it was a government program.

The national parks service seems to have their act together pretty well when it comes to online stuff. Last year, I bought our White Rim Trail permits online, the day before we rode it, from our campsite a few miles outside the park, using my cell phone. Emailed my wife's permit to her, and she downloaded, so we each had our permit on our phones when offline, and we were good to go.

So baically a cell phone is used for proof of permit. That makes it convenient to request permits for anything.

So baically a cell phone is used for proof of permit. That makes it convenient to request permits for anything.
Yeah, I don't know if it is true for all national parks, but at Canyonlands you can just show the permit on your phone.

Top Bottom Back Refresh