What's new

Vintage Honda Twins

I picked up this '71 SL350 last fall and I'm not sure if it's a keeper or not. I'll get it running as soon as it warms up a bit around here.
1645096369298.png

I've got a '71 CB350 that I drug out of a shed and got back on the road a few years ago. Too bad Photobucket shit the bed - doesn't look like I have any pics online anymore.

I picked up this '71 SL350 last fall and I'm not sure if it's a keeper or not. I'll get it running as soon as it warms up a bit around here.
1645096369298.png
That bike is as complete and in decent shape as you'll ever find for an SL350K1 these days. Just finding one that still has original mufflers is rare. Odd that someone painted the silver frame black. If you don't keep it and bring it back to life you'd be missing out on one of the most fun bikes from that era. Lots of grunt, fun to blast down fire roads and they love to wheelie.

Last edited:
Here's a complete, all original CB350K1 I bought for $400 a couple years ago. Lots of patina and fade on this one. The PO was a Norton guy who owned the 350 for a few years and did an engine rebuild on it but never finished it, then his Norton blew up and he needed money. One day I'll have to go through the engine, it doesn't turn over. Project for the future, still has the selling dealer sticker on the rear fender.
Mt52mn9.jpg

You should still be able to log into your photobucket account and download all of your pictures. I did that last year, then I deleted them all from my account and logged out for the last time.
botophucket.png

Not anymore. My options are to pay for a subscription or delete my account.

I've got the pictures on a HDD at home - I'll post them up later. Just no way to access them here while at work.

Last week I spotted a guy on the highway driving a shiny new U-haul pickup hauling a shiny new galvanized steel U-haul trailer, with a dusty CX500 in the back. It wasn't the full faired model or the one with the flyscreen mini-fairing, it kinda reminded me of a Suzuki bandit in front an early Ninja or Concours in the back, but it was all old, dusty & seemed complete, round chrome headlight bezel and all. He looked like he was pushing 30. I hope he finds a good forum and gets it completed.

Thia was my foray into Vintage Honda twins. Probably not the best starting point.....

82C76CDC-F61D-4520-BEBE-EC578CA9C175.jpeg

I ran a 1982 cm200 as a commuter for 2 years 2015-2017. Decent bike. Just usual maintenance and cut the reflector in the sealed beam to install an h4 bulb. Good in the snow too. Clutch had some chatter. Starter clutch rattled some. But downhill in 3rd gear at 45-50 would howl. Not a ptwin rider but the bike sounded great sometimes. Also banging 2nd turning left I could break the tire loose very consistently. Kinda comical the bike ran that well. Offroad was a dream for a streetbike. Last, one fork seal was leaking. I plulled the lip back and shoved grease in it and no more leaks. Ugh one of the better bikes I owned and very unloved. Was originally a non runner from previous owner. Sold for a good price to help someone out with no transportation.

Ha long ago I had a friend who had 3 cm400s. And rode the wheels off the bikes.

1645096369298.png
When I got home from 'Nam, PA had a program for vets that paid $50 for each month you spent in a combat zone. I took my check and bought a new '72 SL350. I had more fun and adventures on that bike than any before or since. The 1150GS is a close second.

00O0O_8coz6luPK1fz_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

01414_jywZihWC8nOz_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

For sale on the van island for $2000 CAD. It's pretty tempting, but I'm not sure if I want to commit myself to the semi-restoration. I say semi-restoration, because it doesn't look too bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom