What's new

Virginia riders check-in

phreakingeek

Big Ear Inc custom hearing protection provider
Member Number
Hey Virginia riders, feel free to post up and meet some other locals to get out and ride with.

I'm in northern VA, Fredericksburg area specifically. There are a few of us who regularly meet up to ride single-track on some club properties, dualsport rides in the GW forest, and some long multi-day rides to find new places to see and food to try out.

Leesburg, Virginia. Mostly highway rides with my current bike (R1200RT) but I’m a “serial motorcyclist“ so I’m sure I’ll be on something else soon enough that might include more gravel roads. Great starting point for rides from here into the countryside of Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland.

From Martinsburg, WV/Winchester, VA area. Strictly an asphalt rider (unless of course I run out of roadway).

Last edited:
Hit me up when you get to Dalgren. Thats only 50 miles from me and we meet up and ride all the time.

Still haven't gotten an offer from base housing... But 9 September I'm officially in DGren.

How often do you guys go out, how long, that sort of thing?

I'm in a couple local clubs and have a lot of riding friends. We get together to ride nearly every weekend...we ride dirt trails, dualsport, and road. Some days we'll meet up for breakfast and do a short ride, other days we'll go out all day or meet up at an organized ride and spend the weekend riding and camping. It all depends on who's around and what we feel like riding.

I'm in a couple local clubs and have a lot of riding friends. We get together to ride nearly every weekend...we ride dirt trails, dualsport, and road. Some days we'll meet up for breakfast and do a short ride, other days we'll go out all day or meet up at an organized ride and spend the weekend riding and camping. It all depends on who's around and what we feel like riding.

Officially in the Fredericksburg / King George / Dahlgren area starting on the 9th. Gonna be living in my camper on AP Hill until the new house closes on the 29th. Should have my 690 with SUMO wheels on it until I get everything else moved up.

Officially in the Fredericksburg / King George / Dahlgren area starting on the 9th. Gonna be living in my camper on AP Hill until the new house closes on the 29th. Should have my 690 with SUMO wheels on it until I get everything else moved up.
Welcome!

Northern VA here. Aldie/South Riding.

I just finished an IBA ride, the Ride Around Virginia on Monday. It was a real challenge! This is a version of a SS1000. The route must cover 1000 miles, hit 9 designated cities and trace the outline of the state.

For my next trick, I will do the Ride Around West Virginia

2003 Harley-Davidson Deuce FXSTDi
Garmin Zumo XT
Spot X tracker
iPhone 11 pro mounted on QuadLock with vibration damping head and wireless charging head.
5 amp dual USB charger with digital voltmeter display

I hard-wired everything in.

It all worked beautifully, and I ended up with two GPS units (Garmin and iPhone) and multiple GPS apps to choose from (dear motorcycle OEM's just give us a good display and CarPlay/Android Auto, we don't want your crappy in-house programming...), and three trackers; Garmin with internal tracking that can be shared with .gpx files, Spot X on Spotwalla, and SW Tracker app on the iPhone with Spotwalla.

A Softail with just a few inches of travel is not ideal for an Iron Butt ride, but it's a rung-what-ya-brung situation where I could read online and watch YouTube of folks getting out there or getting out there myself!

My garage is open for anyone on the road.

IMG_2555.jpeg
IMG_2121.jpeg

Hey Virginia riders, feel free to post up and meet some other locals to get out and ride with.

I'm in northern VA, Fredericksburg area specifically. There are a few of us who regularly meet up to ride single-track on some club properties, dualsport rides in the GW forest, and some long multi-day rides to find new places to see and food to try out.
Hi, plated KLX300R here in NoVA near Dulles airport.

Love to check out GW.
AF

Back
Top Bottom