What's new

We have become a nation of mediocrity

Crampman McFan

It kind of smells doesn't it?
Member Number
My sons met my wife and me for our anniversary in Branson (Las Vegas for people with no teeth)
Everything was Meh, the beer, the food, the shows, the hotel. Overpriced bullshit. Jeez, I even got taken at "Flavortown" That "Guy" offered up some of the most overhyped food and drinks I have ever had the pleasure of overpaying for. The wife enjoyed having our sons and their wives around I guess that's all that really matters. It's crazy how the people keep coming there....just like I do I suppose lol. I think this trip has cured me. Eureka AR will be getting my drinking money from here on.

My sons met my wife and me for our anniversary in Branson (Las Vegas for people with no teeth)
Everything was Meh, the beer, the food, the shows, the hotel. Overpriced bullshit. Jeez, I even got taken at "Flavortown" That "Guy" offered up some of the most overhyped food and drinks I have ever had the pleasure of overpaying for. The wife enjoyed having our sons and their wives around I guess that's all that really matters. It's crazy how the people keep coming there....just like I do I suppose lol. I think this trip has cured me. Eureka AR will be getting my drinking money from here on.
My dad always harped on tourist traps and we avoided them like the plague. My wife's family is all in on them. For Wisconsin, that is Wisconsin Dells and Door County. Too much money for not enough value.

Whats the good places in Eureka?

As a rule, you can trust the google ratings for the restaurants in Eureka Springs. There’s a great pizza place, a couple great burger joints, even a very good high dollar place we’ve eaten at a few times. I know none of the names of any of them, since my sister always picks out the spots. We like that town a lot.

We were planning to go there this weekend to see what the weirdos dress up as for Halloween, but then I figured out there’s an off-road race (buggies, not bikes) in Disney Ok, so my wife and I went that direction instead.

Reactions: OIC
My dad always harped on tourist traps and we avoided them like the plague. My wife's family is all in on them. For Wisconsin, that is Wisconsin Dells and Door County. Too much money for not enough value.
Don't bag on the Dells. My daughter got married there in a wedding chapel parking lot during covid. Her and her husband didn't even leave the car. As the one paying for it, that was my kind of wedding. I'd have preferred an Elvis impersonator but we can't always get what we want.

Mediocrity is an endless list if you think about the quality of products and labor these days…. :bluduh

Screenshots_2021-03-15-11-20-56.jpg

Don't bag on the Dells. My daughter got married there in a wedding chapel parking lot during covid. Her and her husband didn't even leave the car. As the one paying for it, that was my kind of wedding. I'd have preferred an Elvis impersonator but we can't always get what we want.
My 86 (bought in 16) Honda XL250R cost me more than our wedding. :lol2

Don't even get me started on New Orleans. :flush

A few yeas back we went to the Dells. I'd been there as a child and remembered riding the ducks and wanted to go back for nostalgic reasons; plus my wife had never been to that part of the USofA. We only stayed 2 days; rode the ducks and took the boat tour and enjoyed ourselves. We avoided the rest of the silliness.
For those who have never been here are some of the photos I took while there in '16 (Gawd has it been that long ago?)
Wisconson 12s.jpg

My wife and I went to Branson in 2013 because she is into that kind of tourist stuff and especially shows. On our way in we stopped at a "tourist info" place. It turned out to be a Timeshare sales place. In exchange for attending a sales pitch we could get free tickets to a couple of shows. We decided to do it. the shows turned out to be pretty good and the sales pitch amusing. Of course we had no intention of buying a time share and we didn't. After a few days in Branson we went to Eureka Springs for a Scooter Rally. I was glad to get out of Branson which felt like a giant AARP convention.

The best thing about Eureka Springs is that there is a pretty good riding nearby. the riding doesn't really compare to the riding we have here in the Blue Ridge mountains but still pretty good. Just beware that some of the locals may be hostile to motorcycles!

wknudsen_2013_20pics_STO_202013_IMG_0542_zpsb121a4cd.jpg

:lol3

I've been to Branson (quite) a few times and can confirm mediocrity. Both of my kids went to school at MSU in Springfield, about 45 minutes up the road, so we've had plenty of opportunities. We have a pair of wave runners, so we typically drag them straight to Tablerock and bypass Branson. I also prefer Eureka Springs.

Back
Top Bottom