What's new

Welding & Fabrication

Door is taking shape

ScreenHunter_3355 Oct. 15 17.26.jpg

machined in some slots for the deadbolts and lockset

ScreenHunter_3356 Oct. 15 17.29.jpg

the door frame is basically done now , I still need to make the hinges on Sunday.

1665873848315.png

I have a significant investment in F Clamps, C Clamps, Corner Clamps, Stronghand Tools and Magsquares

but always looking / needing more devices. Found these today, ordered a set , they look OK for light and med work and at 12" should be useful

1666362235171.png
1666362256330.png

One step closer. Powercoating of CI gate is complete

1667571142936.png

The last big welding job I did was about 15 years ago...

Had a crazy idea for a motorcycle, drew it on the floor with painter's tape

DSC_0750.jpeg

It seemed like it'd work, then took it to Solid Works for accurate dimensions, did a little welding

welding5.jpeg

threw it together over 72 hours, and had a bike, the end!

MF8O4725.jpeg
MF8O4880.jpeg

hel-hook is the original

1667586024627.png

Ive had these for over a decade, still work fine. But mine are a dull green/grey plastic, must been back before color was invented.

1667586120156.png

The last big welding job I did was about 15 years ago...

Had a crazy idea for a motorcycle, drew it on the floor with painter's tape

DSC_0750.jpeg

It seemed like it'd work, then took it to Solid Works for accurate dimensions, did a little welding

welding5.jpeg

threw it together over 72 hours, and had a bike, the end!

MF8O4725.jpeg
MF8O4880.jpeg
I like it?

Can you explain the rims? Chrome rims say they're most likely steel, but the spokes seemed to be connected to an aluminum ring?

chain link , and she is upgrading it to all brick to match existing.

Brick on the left of gate is 40 yo old. Brick on the right of gate is 6 mo old.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of the Tillman 1338Xl Goat Skin TIG Gloves.

ProStar 1328XLs (Praxair) are similar in weight and feel for TIG , at $10.29 they are priced right

ProStar 1355XLs will be used as MIG Welding gloves

ScreenHunter 2301.png

I like it?

Can you explain the rims? Chrome rims say they're most likely steel, but the spokes seemed to be connected to an aluminum ring?
36-inch steel rims from an Excelsior car, machined the inner spoke mounts then they were TIG welded in place, it was then brass coated. Spokes are one-off CNC's standard and reverse thread to be able to true the wheels, using one-off machined center hex coupling nuts. 665 individual parts per wheel the only part we didn't make was the hoop, they were imported from New Zealand of all places.

Been looking for a table for my portable Dewalt 120V bandsaw, Found the SWAG online, then this one at AMAZON.

I might just start from Scratch and make me one

The SWAG-Milwaukee is nice and stable. The trick part is figuring out the attachment to the foot of the saw. I can send you photos if you want a closer look. I'd imagine the DeWalt is similar.

Ohhh Ahhh, reverse engineering.....

looks like 2 holes and slot? am I missing something more ?

perhaps a simple support of some sort?

1682350066254.png

Last edited:
here is the table as a stand alone, as noted you would need to add some legs to support all this.

1682350740339.png

I'm pretty much an amateur welder. Have an oxy-acetylene rig I first learned to weld with years back. Then later picked up a Hobart 130 mig welder. Made this rear stand for my Daytona. Totally my own design. Turned out perfect. No gyrating around to rear of the bike, risking loosing it in a tipover like using most rear stands. Hold the LH handlebar grip and lever it up onto the stand. EZ. Spools are my own design as well. Made them on my lathe.

rear_stand_1.jpg
100_6177.jpg

And when I needed to change out the shock spring for a lighter one I made these stands that insert into the swingarm pivot.

sw_arm_stand_1.jpg

Had a an older Craftsman 3" vise on my workbench. Added a 4.5" wilton vise. The workbench was already lagged into the wall. But that end of the workbench needed some stiffening up with all that overhang once the much larger Wilton vise installed. So I made this brace and it really stiffened that end of the workbench up.

brace_installed_2.jpg

brace_post_weld_no_paint.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom