What's new

What Are you riding?

Minimac

Member Number
I'll start. Since we decided to spend our winters in Florida, and I didn't like trailering 1300 miles, I bought a Helix to ride the flatlands. When I went to see it, the guy also had a low miles like new Reflex for sale. I came home with both. I barely got them unloaded and Mrs. Mini came out and said we had to go right away, she found a scooter she wanted at a good price. We were the first of a few others to show up, and came home with a '96 Honda Elite (CH-80) for her to get her sea legs back. Although she had her license for a few years, she hadn't driven a scooter since she sold her Honda 250 Elite and wanted to see if she still enjoyed it.
When we're in central NY, I ride a Silverwing and a Morphous that I did the 400 swap from a Majesty. When we head back sometime in May. I'll be rebuilding the original 250 and putting it back into the Morphous.

Attachments

• IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
  • OAOV8238.JPG
    OAOV8238.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3976.JPG
    IMG_3976.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3759.JPG
    IMG_3759.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
I've only got the one Kymco AK550 but, to be honest I don't know why I'm not looking for a replacement! This has been the most costly and less dependable machine I've ever owned (cars included).

Don't get me wrong! I LOVE what it does when we're on the road. Power to spare and as sure footed as they come and IT IS FUN! But it has been one nit-picking electrical problem after the other and, just this past week one of the "after market" solutions to one of the problems went bad and had me calling the tow truck for the 4th time in 4 years; and that's 4 times more than I've ever called them for any of our vehicles EVER!

I keep threatening to trade it off for either a Honda Forza 350, Suzuki Burgman 400, or one of the MaxSyms. Time will tell, who wins.

I've only got the one Kymco AK550 but, to be honest I don't know why I'm not looking for a replacement! This has been the most costly and less dependable machine I've ever owned (cars included).

Don't get me wrong! I LOVE what it does when we're on the road. Power to spare and as sure footed as they come and IT IS FUN! But it has been one nit-picking electrical problem after the other and, just this past week one of the "after market" solutions to one of the problems went bad and had me calling the tow truck for the 4th time in 4 years; and that's 4 times more than I've ever called them for any of our vehicles EVER!

I keep threatening to trade it off for either a Honda Forza 350, Suzuki Burgman 400, or one of the MaxSyms. Time will tell, who wins.
My Kymco Like 150i has been like that. I've had a lot of electrical problems with the wiring going to the ECU as well as the injector. When it's running right its a fantastic little scooter. Despite the issues I have had I still put over 19,000 miles in a little over 4 years. I bought the ADV150 because I no longer trust it enough to take it on long rides. Right now it's running great and I've been riding it around town a lot. In town I like it better than my ADV150.

Last edited:
Expat47 , If my old gray matter recalls correctly, you had an rather large expense early on with the lost key fob to start it all off.
I loved my AK, and everyone that saw it liked it. It got more compliments than any bike I've had (33 total).
I don't know why I did this, but after about 6 months (with no issues) I just walked into the dealership(last June) and pointed at a Vespa GTS and traded the AK for it.
The thing is great, but I find that I ride short distances more than with the AK. I'm talking about those rides where you just go out and get on it without knowing where you going.
I'd ride the AK 600 miles in a day just for fun. I take the same amount of time to go 400 on the Vespa. But the therapy is just as good.

Some of the issues with the AK is that when it's even turned off it's still gnawing at the battery because of the key system. Now, put the battery under the windshield and behind some Tupperware and you find yourself rootin' 'round in the tool box for a fist full of tools. That's where my mechanic put in a kill switch to cut out the battery and I had him add an extension cord so I could recharge & jump it if/when needed. I'm on battery #3 & each one caused a trip to the garage. (#2 was bad out of the box)

But, like Jed said, it's a blast to ride. I love smokin' some of the "big guns" off the line and knowin' I've got enough speed on the highway to never be accused of being a speed-bump.

We are now up to 4 bikes.

Wife has a 2021 Honda PCX.

I have a 2022 BMW R18 Classic, a 2023 Honda Super Cub (with a red seat!), and a 2023 Honda GROM ABS.

While it is hard to manage (for me) this many bikes, I still would like a Honda Dax, another Honda Trail with the new engine and in green, and a Honda CL500 in blue. And maybe a CRF300LS with street tires.

When you have 6 or more and most are older, at least 1 is in need of maintenance or repair. This was my reality when I owned a Lambretta, a Vespa, 2 BMW R75's, 1 Husky 360 and 2 OSSA Pioneer 250's

Yeah and I'm not always up to dig in but now the missus has taken on some work that keeps her in her study on the phone for 4 or 5 hours at a tie so that gives me mucho time for wrenching.:D

Back
Top Bottom