What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

I'd really like to get a middle weight ADV, maybe try out a Tuareg and a T7 back to back. Based on practicality the T7 should win since my house is less than 2 miles from a Yamaha dealer and the nearest Ape dealer is 3 hours. I've rarely been known to be practical though.

I'll kindly take a Tuareg 660

60-review-adv-adventure-touring-sport-motorcycle-6.jpg
I'm totally with cabanza on the Tuareg 660. Want one bad and even have one at a dealer nearby, but don't know wtf I'm really going to do with it here in Chicago burbs with no trailer. Guess I'm stuck with my GSA for a while...sigh.

I'm totally with cabanza on the Tuareg 660. Want one bad and even have one at a dealer nearby, but don't know wtf I'm really going to do with it here in Chicago burbs with no trailer. Guess I'm stuck with my GSA for a while...sigh.
What color does your dealer have?

I'd really like to get a middle weight ADV, maybe try out a Tuareg and a T7 back to back. Based on practicality the T7 should win since my house is less than 2 miles from a Yamaha dealer and the nearest Ape dealer is 3 hours. I've rarely been known to be practical though.
My neighbor has a Tuareg and I just sold my Tenere 700 after riding it 21,000 miles in two years. So, IMHO the Tenere 700 has a better engine from idle to redline with the Tuareg having more power up higher. I loved the Tenere engine, hated the suspension until it was resprung for my weight, and it always felt top heavy to me….even compared to my Super Tenere. I had absolutely no problems with my T700.

I rode my neighbor’s Tuareg……runs great with excellent fit and finish. It felt more nimble and not as top heavy. Most importantly to me, it has tubeless wheels and factory cruise control. I would consider owning one if the dealer wasn’t 250 miles from my house.

You can’t go wrong with either bike.

As to what I want for my next bike?? I would like to find a KLX 300 street model for putting around the back roads.

A687302E-E0A8-4950-B038-BB6506533084.jpeg
DEE91200-DFDF-4B47-A9BA-5754A75B71D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Something lighter than my Africa Twin and with more power than my CRF300 - with Honda Reliability

< 400 lbs, > 40HP.

Tough question for me these days. The '19 CB1000R and '21 Goldwing DCT I bought over the past few years were just didn't hit it for me and were sold in less than a year. The AT is still a good bike for riding and has taken me to a lot of places. The KLX300SM I bought last June will most likely my last bike; but, may not be the last bike I purchase. There are some pretty nice bikes coming out lately; and, some desirable ten-year old bikes too. There's a Honda CB1300 in Japan I'd like to have. But for now, I'm content with the two in the garage.

1675703758772.png

The cb1300, nighthawk and silverwing are rumored for 2023. All 3 models look better than anything available.

Top Bottom Back Refresh