What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Finished up the project K1200RS and set it aside for the week I will be in Cancun.
1000006594.jpg
1000006595.jpg

1000006597.jpg

1000006598.jpg
Bike looks Great Jim !!!

Realized what I thought was an extra Centech AP-2 was actually a burned out Centech AP-2.
Ordered a few things to clean up the electrical hookup on the R1100GS and to hook up dimmed LED lights with a high beam bypass on the ST1300. Ordered these things from the garage so it counts.

The other day I also did front pads / bleed, and painted the rusty passenger backrest to get that back on the GS.

Really dying to get the GS off the lift so I can start tearing into my old tiger 1050 which needs a couple cylinders / rings. I really miss riding that bike.

Kept trying to mount the old tractor manual tube to the tusk rack on the GS. Not happy with it as it's too short to mount it to any locations I want it on. I'm going to get a PVC pipe, cut it to length, and mount it with big hose clamps. Don't feel like spending $50-100 on a box that may or may not fit with my specific bar locations. There's a cross bar that makes locating the cap difficult.

i-47ZJbVd-X4.jpg

Kept trying to mount the old tractor manual tube to the tusk rack on the GS. Not happy with it as it's too short to mount it to any locations I want it on. I'm going to get a PVC pipe, cut it to length, and mount it with big hose clamps. Don't feel like spending $50-100 on a box that may or may not fit with my specific bar locations. There's a cross bar that makes locating the cap difficult.

i-47ZJbVd-X4.jpg
Good spot. If you slip some shrink tube over the clamps it'll grip better without marring.

Went back and remounted it a way that I like a lot more. It's more stable, less prone to twist downward. The panniers fit fine with it on there, too. Thanks for the tip on the shrink tube. It looks good. The 2nd clamp is too fat for any of my shrink tubes so I just put some electrical tape on it for now.
i-McnShNG-X4.jpg

I still want to mount PVC tool tubes because it's probably double the volume and could hold my tire pump and jumper cables easily.

For reference, here's how the previous owner of my previous GSA mounted a few PVC tool tubes. I think I could do something similar but have the tube on the inside instead of hanging off the bottom.
DSC02068-X3.jpg
DSC01158-X3.jpg

Finally solved the fork seal leaking issue. Now the next thing I gotta do is buy a new rear tire and have it balanced and installed at a local motorcycle shop. Its tread is less than a quarter inch deep in the middle. It's making for a somewhat rough ride. Front tire is fine.

Back
Top Bottom