What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Not to bad for Cyl 1 and 3 still some hone left (I'll try and remember to get some good pics in the morning), I didnt clean out 2 but there is enough rust in there I dont think its saveable. Time to decide if I want to Fleabay or OEM it for new parts lol

Nothing for the bikes but did dig up some nostalgia. I bought this at least 10 years ago and finally decided to get the adapters to hook it all up. Suddenly I’m 12 years old again.

Attachments

• 25201125-A271-4FE5-9636-3F4DD177C320.jpeg
    25201125-A271-4FE5-9636-3F4DD177C320.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
It wasn’t today but I R&R’d the coolant in my KLX last week before the cold snap. And yesterday I pulled the front wheel off of my kid’s 2003 TTR to replace the original tire.

[UWSL]DIY Windshield repair... This was done outside the garage though, because the van is too tall to fit inside.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I always keep one of these kits on hand, because to get the best results you need to do the repair right away before the cracks start to spread. They don't do a perfect job, but they will prevent further damage, and they do improve the clarity of the windshield in the area of the damage.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Here are some pics from the repair I did today. The first pic doesn't do justice to just how bad the cracking was. I didn't think to put the window covers in place, and the camera wouldn't focus properly on the transparent glass. But you can get a pretty good idea from the two pics how much the repair kit improved it.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]The high roof Ford Transit van seems to be a rock magnet, this is the third repair on this windshield. So far the hits have all been out of the driver's line of sight, which is where this kind of repair works best. If I had a bad hit right in the driver's sight line, I would just get the windshield replaced (already done that once).[/UWSL]

[UWSL]
20230101_122406.jpg
[/UWSL]

[UWSL]
20230101_135155.jpg
[/UWSL]

Made a ton of aluminum chips with the mill making a part.

Determined I need a shop vac solution, cause alum chips all over the shop is a total pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Oh yeah...

I put a shopvac on a xmas light cord with inline switch- the extra length allows the button to be positioned easily up at the mill so its easy to grab the end of the vac hose and mash the button. If its quick and easy to get the vacuum in play then its easier to use between ops, to keep the mess down. If you use coolant, then arrange to hang the hose so the nozzle points downward into a trash can, to catch the drips. A dry chip brush helps stir the chips so the vac can pick them up, helps to clear the mill table's t-slots as well.

Helpful to keep some extensions handy to fit so the shopvac can quickly be applied to vacuum the floors and so on.

Some folks use compressed air to blow workpieces clear but that tends to spread the mess. I only use it when clearing small tapped holes.

[UWSL]DIY Windshield repair... This was done outside the garage though, because the van is too tall to fit inside.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I always keep one of these kits on hand, because to get the best results you need to do the repair right away before the cracks start to spread. They don't do a perfect job, but they will prevent further damage, and they do improve the clarity of the windshield in the area of the damage.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Here are some pics from the repair I did today. The first pic doesn't do justice to just how bad the cracking was. I didn't think to put the window covers in place, and the camera wouldn't focus properly on the transparent glass. But you can get a pretty good idea from the two pics how much the repair kit improved it.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]The high roof Ford Transit van seems to be a rock magnet, this is the third repair on this windshield. So far the hits have all been out of the driver's line of sight, which is where this kind of repair works best. If I had a bad hit right in the driver's sight line, I would just get the windshield replaced (already done that once).[/UWSL]

[UWSL]
20230101_122406.jpg
[/UWSL]

[UWSL]
20230101_135155.jpg
[/UWSL]
That’s a good result on a DIY repair. The Transit windshield is fairly spendy to replace.

Repaired 2 dead Battery Tender Jrs this morning by replacing the capacitor. I think I have one more dead one somewhere that I'll fix when I find it. In total I think I have 8 of these things that are probably between 10-15 years old and 3 of them had capacitor failures.

Not today, but last month I installed some major engine upgrades on my Road Glide. Fuel Moto 124" big bore kit w/Carrillo forged pistons, Cycle Rama CR-480 cam, and Power Vision tuner w/Fuel Moto map. Got out for the maiden voyage last Friday. Man, what a difference!! It's amazing how quick she is for a half-ton motorcycle. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a Harley so it's technically not a "fast" motorcycle, but it is surprising... Probably be even better after a dyno tune. Other miscellaneous goodies include a S&S aluminum manifold to replace the OEM plastic manifold, S&S billet lifter cuffs to replace the OEM plastic cuffs, S&S Stealth air cleaner, S&S lifters with adjustable pushrods (notice a trend yet??), Fuel Moto 5.5 gpm injectors, and AIM heavy duty clutch springs. Very happy with the results!!

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

Helped a friend swap out his FD. He had accidentally swapped the fill and drain plugs and never could stop the leak, so he picked up a very low miles used one. Easy half hour job that took 4 hours, mainly due to lots of BSing.
:-)

The driveshaft had the recall done and it passed, 17K miles, so no replacement. It did have some surface corrosion, and was virtually dry of lube on the splines.
[IMG]

It also had the drain done.
[IMG]

The new FD had only 250 miles on it. Dry splines too.
[IMG]

Installed after swapping the brake disc.
[IMG]

Refilled and was done. No leaks.

It is not an order of magnitude quieter, but it is quieter.

The new lift is more impressive lots more Z range, high/low, 35# hyd pressurized cylinder,
and the HALO light is the best part.

I have well over $1K into it now. But I gotta say it is really an impressive bit of kit for the footprint/size

Stripped all the hoses and tubes off the old Bobcat backhoe attachment. Blew a hose 5 years ago and it hasn't been touched since! Not in the garage (since I don't have one) but, it was garage work, only colder.
20230107_145354.jpg
20230107_145250.jpg
20230114_130945.jpg
20230114_130934.jpg

Stripped all the hoses and tubes off the old Bobcat backhoe attachment. Blew a hose 5 years ago and it hasn't been touched since! Not in the garage (since I don't have one) but, it was garage work, only colder.

What's that gonna cost for all new tubes and hoses?

Not really in the garage, but just cleaned up my Mosko 35L bags to get them ready to sell.

Back
Top Bottom