What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Yinzer Moto

Member Number
What did you do in your garage today? It is fun to see what peoples projects are and how they are attacking them.

I’ll start: nothing yet beyond turning the heat on. Once I shovel last nights snow, I’ll head out and continue work on van equipment that I am making.

5FDDCDEF-2D42-4ABE-9B75-33081B74EF5D.jpeg

hfghdfghdfg.jpg

Scraping gaskets. I've got about ten hours on this stupid thing. There's a few bits here and there, but I'm about to just run it. Probably put a thin coat of Suzuki gasket crap on it before the actual gasket. See if it holds.

What is it?
86 Shadow VT700C. Bought it because of a no start. Got it home, no spark. The wires coming out of the stator were borked. Someone suggested I yank the stator cover, and like an idiot I did. It was fine in there. I found an unplug wire that lead from the coils to the CDI jammed behind the battery box. But, I haven't been able to see if that was the fix since the stator cover is off and there's no oil.

86 Shadow VT700C. Bought it because of a no start. Got it home, no spark. The wires coming out of the stator were borked. Someone suggested I yank the stator cover, and like an idiot I did. It was fine in there. I found an unplug wire that lead from the coils to the CDI jammed behind the battery box. But, I haven't been able to see if that was the fix since the stator cover is off and there's no oil.

Can you to a super quick start to test spark with the cover off?
4-5 seconds with residual oil should be fine.

Pulled my "deployment present" snowmobile out to load in my truck to meet up with a potential buyer tomorrow. :(

Back
Top Bottom