What's new

What did you do to your BMW GS/GSA Today?

You’re going to love the Tractive suspension. I’m at 30k miles with them and the bike is like on rails vs the OEM pogo sticks…
Well it’s on now…will set up static sag tomorrow and take her for a romp now I just uploaded the new flash to the ecu

Did a 220 mile ride around lake O as a last one of the year with my brother and our mutual friend. Tomorrow is New Year’s Eve and we will hang around the casa with some food and :drink to ring in the new year.
Happy new year to all!

You’re going to love the Tractive suspension. I’m at 30k miles with them and the bike is like on rails vs the OEM pogo sticks…
Curious here. When you went to the Tractive suspension did that entail installing a beefier triple tree and/or a fork brace? Does the Tractive work in harmony with R1250s adaptive suspension?

Thanks.

The Tractive suspension was a plug and play on my 2018 1200 GSA . No mods were needed and I doubt that it is different for the 1250 as apart from the engine, the bikes are the same…

Installed the Tractive ESA system on my '13GSA Camhead.
Got them thru Ted Porter Beemershop. They tuned them to my Leg length and weight with bike accessory/loading weight factored in.
Can now flat foot in 1H mode. Both shocks are much heavier duty and size over stock.
Test run today, love them. Can't wait to push them hard in warmer weather.
No more pogostick:rayof

Last edited:
Added another 288 miles today by making a backroads loop to Sebring for lunch with my brother . Traffic was mild but the best part were the temperatures as in 59 in the AM and 79 when we got home.🤘

Did the full monty 36 K service on my brother’s bike, air/ oil filters, valves and service reset. Technically not my bike,🤣 but I do 90% the work on both our bikes anyway… :deal
This week we’ll set up an appointment for the driveshaft replacement thingy…..

Helped a friend swap out his FD. He had accidentally swapped the fill and drain plugs and never could stop the leak, so he picked up a very low miles used one. Easy half hour job that took 4 hours, mainly due to lots of BSing.
:-)

The driveshaft had the recall done and it passed, 17K miles, so no replacement. It did have some surface corrosion, and was virtually dry of lube on the splines.
[IMG]

It also had the drain done.
[IMG]

The new FD had only 250 miles on it. Dry splines too.
[IMG]

Installed after swapping the brake disc.
[IMG]

Refilled and was done. No leaks.

I’m surprised that the wrench at the dealer didn’t lube those splines… in 1500 miles I’ll check them on my bike since I did get a new driveshaft and asked them to lube the splines…..

Helped a friend swap out his FD. He had accidentally swapped the fill and drain plugs and never could stop the leak, so he picked up a very low miles used one. Easy half hour job that took 4 hours, mainly due to lots of BSing.
:-)

The driveshaft had the recall done and it passed, 17K miles, so no replacement. It did have some surface corrosion, and was virtually dry of lube on the splines.

It also had the drain done.
[IMG]

The new FD had only 250 miles on it. Dry splines too.

Refilled and was done. No leaks.
JVB
Did you have the hole drilled at the dealer or just hit it in the garage? I got a notice in the mail a few months ago for the recall and just remembered after seeing this post. I really don't want to take it in to the stealer if I can do this at home.

i took my 2914 1299GS in for the FD check today and was told I automatically qualify for a new shaft as I have done over 60,000K's. Well done BMW.

Pity I need to wait till March before the next shipment arrive from the motherland.

JVB
Did you have the hole drilled at the dealer or just hit it in the garage? I got a notice in the mail a few months ago for the recall and just remembered after seeing this post. I really don't want to take it in to the stealer if I can do this at home.
Dealer done, but it isn't hard. If you have the rubber valve.

Installed bmw hp gear shifter and rear brake bits…
4 years with this bike and it’s still more fun than it deserves to be

Attachments

• 88741330-B7E1-4D00-A74A-F8F506CADC01.jpeg
    88741330-B7E1-4D00-A74A-F8F506CADC01.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
  • C0E820D9-F13B-4C8D-968A-0BB2F1EC0C91.jpeg
    C0E820D9-F13B-4C8D-968A-0BB2F1EC0C91.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
I completed wiring my Garmin Zumo 396 into the diagnostic/accessory plug, minimizing as much as possible all the excess Garmin power lead, wrapping it with BMW like coroplast cloth electrical tape, and securing the whole mess inside the right lower beak area……nearly invisible.

Top Bottom Back Refresh