What's new

What did you do with your trials bike today?

Well, this didn't take long... :fpalm

You'll be fine at 50:1, although that's still a bit goopy. Depending on the clearances, you'd most likely be safe at 70-80:1. Put the "manufacturer's recommendations" on a shelf, they no longer apply with modern pre-mix oils.

Brewtus out.

Well, this didn't take long... :fpalm

You'll be fine at 50:1, although that's still a bit goopy. Depending on the clearances, you'd most likely be safe at 70-80:1. Put the "manufacturer's recommendations" on a shelf, they no longer apply with modern pre-mix oils.

Brewtus out.

You did not mention the brand of oil to use….

I think I'll pour a couple of quarts of that 50:1 in the empty tank, and see how that does. If it still smokes too much, I can pour another quart of pure gas in, to achieve 75:1.

I think I'll pour a couple of quarts of that 50:1 in the empty tank, and see how that does. If it still smokes too much, I can pour another quart of pure gas in, to achieve 75:1.

I would suggest not watching the smoke too closely. Running at 100:1, my trials bike will still get loaded up and smoke sometimes. If it is used for real trials use, 75:1 will be fine. For a trail ride, going to 50:1 might be a good idea.

I posted this in the other (ahem) adv forum. I have been working on this for the last couple of months in my spare time. I finally got some heat in garage so I have accomplished a little more that what the pic shows. The new Betor shocks are supposed to be here today and I just received a new weld on silencer from Alex Snoop. Oh yeah, I also ordered new metal fenders from Vintco.
Ossa MAR.jpg

Do you just leave your bike at the shop, so it as easy as just showing up with boots and a helmet?
In the winter the bike stays over at the Tryals Shop, as it's the only place we ride. Nice to ride a bike that's been warm, instead of a frozen lump! The rest of the year it's home, but will ride around with me in the Sprinter while I work. That way I can get a ride in somewhere.... before, during, after work. Nice to not have to back track home to collect the bike to ride. If that's not going to be an option, I'll ride at home after work.

I am suspicious…..
New ride incoming soon... Hopefully. 😬

The Beta went to my buddy Jake who's taken an interest and is on his 5th event and 3rd bike.😆

The Montessa went to a potential new club member. Experienced bike rider that has never competed but has interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh