What's new

What is this thing???

GMK999

Member Number
10 guesses and give the answer.. Post em here .. I'll start.
some of you old timers may have seen or used this..
Not the coffee cup smart ass!
IMG_6411.jpeg

Maybe I should rename the thread...? To
Bad one liners and other fare?
BTW I bought a used car last week, Found my wife's dress in the back seat.. Woa
(thank you Mr. Dangerfield)

I've been around for a few years, even had the opportunity to work on a farm for a few. My grandfather worked mules in Montana and I've seen a whole bunch of old tools in my life time so I'm 99.99% sure this ain't no doohickey. I'm also pretty sure this isn't the whole thing but only part of a press of some sorts.

(if this turns out to be a thing-a-ma-bob is my face gonna be red) :shog

Post a picture of the wording and numbers of it.
I only have the one shot .I thought that I took a few but I guess not. I will take another tomorrow. There are three "L" shaped Dawgs that stand up in the slots of the cylinder . They are in this picture but hard to see. and really the key to it's function

I've been around for a few years, even had the opportunity to work on a farm for a few. My grandfather worked mules in Montana and I've seen a whole bunch of old tools in my life time so I'm 99.99% sure this ain't no doohickey. I'm also pretty sure this isn't the whole thing but only part of a press of some sorts.

(if this turns out to be a thing-a-ma-bob is my face gonna be red) :shog
defiantly a doohickey in complete form, an Item still used today by a majority of the population . Just a very Yankee version of it

Christmas tree stand.
IMG_6411.jpeg
Ding Ding Dig! Winner! The collar screws upward to set the three dawgs (hard to see in this pict sorry) into the tree base. Tap the pins on the collar to tighten and or loosen . I love the old stuff like this.. Look how many parts cast ,turned, pressed or otherwise in this thing and, well, it lasted probably 100 years or more. Found in the cellar of an early 1800's house. IMG_6413.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom