What's new

What is up with the chinese characters

Crazy I thought algorithms/programs were doing the work of vetting in modern sites. Hats off to yall. What a pain!

Crazy I thought algorithms/programs were doing the work of vetting in modern sites. Hats off to yall. What a pain!
It's not as bad as it seems, at least in our case at VHT. We've had days where we got 7 to 8 fakes in a row in the same day, and we've had days where we got 5 to 6 legit new members in the same 24 hours so it's can go both ways. It takes me about 5 to 6 minutes to use all of our resources to vet someone, and sometimes it only takes 1 to 2 minutes to recognize a fraudster. We never let anyone in who is in Russia or even Ukraine, we have only a handful of members from South American countries and none from anywhere in Africa except South Africa and only a few from there. We do have a few in Poland, a couple in the Philippines, New Zealand and even a couple in Japan (one with a domestic CB450). We rarely have any new registrant from any of the middle eastern countries either and none have ever been legit, so the longer you do it the more you learn about where the typical members come from and where the BSers are.

So most of the membership is USA, and Europe ?

What sort of percentage is each ?

So most of the membership is USA, and Europe ?

What sort of percentage is each ?
I haven't done any actual calculations but I'd guess about 60% is US, maybe 15% to 20% the UK/Ireland/Scotland, about the same from Canada, 5% or so from Australia and most of the rest from the European countries with a few others sprinkled in (Mexico, Philippines, one in Cuba if you can believe that, Lithuania, Argentina, India, Venezuela, Colombia, Austria, Romania, even one in Sri Lanka).

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

This here site is SPAMdoubt .

I would be happy to report. All or just one? It starts after midnight east coast time when site activity is low. Anyways...once again thanx!

Any one you find. I get notifications of reports.
Are they new members each time? If that's the case, how are they able to post before being fully vetted? That's what puzzles me about this because when my partner on the west coast goes to bed 3 hours or so after I do, any new members don't get approved. If there are any new members between roughly 2 AM and about 8 AM EDT then they're just sitting in the approval queue and can't post until approved (or declined/removed).

Are they new members each time? If that's the case, how are they able to post before being fully vetted? That's what puzzles me about this because when my partner on the west coast goes to bed 3 hours or so after I do, any new members don't get approved. If there are any new members between roughly 2 AM and about 8 AM EDT then they're just sitting in the approval queue and can't post until approved (or declined/removed).
New members, yes. Not sure how they bypass the vetting- out of my wheelhouse.

Its not uncommon for me to have one or two in the approval queue every few days. I check them out and give them a thumbs up or down accordingly.

New members, yes. Not sure how they bypass the vetting- out of my wheelhouse.

Its not uncommon for me to have one or two in the approval queue every few days. I check them out and give them a thumbs up or down accordingly.
I guess that's a question for Austin. I notice that the VS-owned forum we used to be on sometimes has scammers and posts that get by their one lame admin but I assume they're just using an algorithm. VS is only into making money which is why they only have one admin and zero mods for a site with over a half million posts, almost 35k members and getting 8 to 10 new members every day.

Top Bottom Back Refresh