What's new

What ... no URAL post yet?

Sorry, can't "like"

We only had minimal damage at our home in Polk county, some vinyl fence panels blew out and no electricity for 3 days.

Hope Insurance treats you fair !
Yeah, I can't bring myself to "like" that pic either. In Citrus county we only got some high winds and plenty of yard debris but no damage thankfully. I feel for those in SW Florida and across the state to the general Orlando area, they got blasted and the last minute direction change was brutal.

When I saw your location said Mickey Mouse Town for some reason I thought you meant California, LOL. It's not like we're that close to each other but of the forums I've been on, very few members have lived anywhere near me and most of them in Florida are usually a lot further than that.

Bought one of the 80th anniversary medals from Ural and put it on my 2021 cT.

20230104_104156.jpg

Coming up on 12k miles soon and no issues other than the turn signal light on the speedometer is always on when the key is turned on.

Going to take a trip to see Gene and Ken at Holpaw Ural soon.

20221216_120440.jpg

Pulled the original spark plugs with about 12 k miles on them out of my 2021 Ural to take a look at them. Looked clean and the gap was ok so I put some anti seize on them and reinstalled them.
IMG_2023-01-26-12-26-50-229.jpg

IMG_2023-01-26-12-27-08-336 (1).jpg

Did you buy the new GU? It would be nice to get a 2020 leftover.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to do anything yet. I'm on the waiting list for a new hip now, and the back still isn't fixable without a severe risk of winding up in a wheelchair. I'll have to see what the physical and financial fallout of this is before I do anything.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to do anything yet. I'm on the waiting list for a new hip now, and the back still isn't fixable without a severe risk of winding up in a wheelchair. I'll have to see what the physical and financial fallout of this is before I do anything.
Sorry to hear about the need for a hip replacement and back problems. Like riding my bikes but I could give them up if I was facing having to live with riding in a wheel chair.

Sorry to hear about the need for a hip replacement and back problems. Like riding my bikes but I could give them up if I was facing having to live with riding in a wheel chair.
Thank you. I've been scheming lately, ideas for adapting my current Bonnie to suit. Of course one thing is which sidecar I want. The big thing for me is the hip angle and the back bend , so I'm looking at footpeg relocation kits, adding foam to the seat, and raising or changing the bars to do that. I'm now thinking that the Ural's cylinders my limit what I can do along those lines.
If all that fails, there is this:

Bar None ,Have you ridden and worked on those Ural's for a long time?

My reason for asking is; they interest me and I have my eye out for an older, (low priced) one. Are there a few yr models to avoid ?

I guess I'm looking for a Ural guru.

Thanks

Bar None ,Have you ridden and worked on those Ural's for a long time?

My reason for asking is; they interest me and I have my eye out for an older, (low priced) one. Are there a few yr models to avoid ?

I guess I'm looking for a Ural guru.

Thanks
A ural or airhead is super cool. The airhed will have 5th gear but as a hacks are quite limited by gear ratio. A ujm with a hack can have simple sprocket changes to deal with the needs but shaft drive is very limited and there is no easy fix. My 50hp r100 suffers greatly in 1st gear. Most changed to an r65 final drive. So it comes down to clutch slip and techniques. Hence right hand uphill turns are great with an r100. Kinda annoying when most ujm have creeper 1st gear. I will say the automotive style clutch on the r100 is top notch. But hauling weight over rough terrain is not ideal in my opinion. 6 speed ujm would be much more ideal. The ural is turn key though.

I've had a '78 /7 for a few yrs. It was a ole bike. I moved 12 miles off pavement and got a 1100gs, quit riding the /7 and sold it. I wish I had kept it.

Is there any required reading for a possible Ural owner? Looking at one to haul the GF, her dog, and possibly my grandson when the occasion arises.
For the good, the bad, and the ugly spend some time on Soviet Steeds but you are going to have to buy one and ride it for a while to get your experience.
Most people buy one and think WTF I have done. Some keep it and some sell it. I am on my third one.

Some friends of mine from my gym. They seem to like it. You will attract a lot of attention.

IMG_2023-05-08-11-01-28-625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom