What's new

What's for dinner? Or lunch? Breakfast?

DSquared

Idiot on wheels
ADV+
Member Number
Tonight is leftovers prettied up. Corned beef and cabbage with Reuben fixins
PXL_20220322_215320447.jpg

I recently received an air fryer and am looking for chicken wing recipes. Am leaning towards an Asian coating using ingredients I already have in the cupboard.

I recently received an air fryer and am looking for chicken wing recipes. Am leaning towards an Asian coating using ingredients I already have in the cupboard.

Air fryer wings are awesome. I do a dry rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. They are a bit labor intensive, you need to make sure they are all standing, so air circulation around them is good and then flip them one or two times. Our air fryer can only fit 6 whole wings. I usually make a dozen. So it take a while.

Edit: I think there is some baking powder or something else to make them extra crispy. Trying to remember now.

Air fryer wings are awesome. I do a dry rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. They are a bit labor intensive, you need to make sure they are all standing, so air circulation around them is good and then flip them one or two times. Our air fryer can only fit 6 whole wings. I usually make a dozen. So it take a while.

Edit: I think there is some baking powder or something else to make them extra crispy. Trying to remember now.
Thanks. I've heard of using corn starch for a crispy finish but many other recipes state baking powder so I'll try it and report back!

Here's the end result:
chicken%20wings-L.jpg

I'd have to say the baking powder approach is a no go, corn starch is mo betta. I made up a glaze sauce using some brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, 5 spice blend, garlic powder, teriyaki sauce, and hoisin sauce then topped the wings with sesame seeds.

Here's a long video that compares baking powder, corn starch, and some other methods. I watched it when I first got my air fryer so I don't remember his final conclusion but I'm lazy so I just cook them all at once with nothing on them then toss them with some kind of sauce near the end and give them another minute or two.

Seafood, Crab, Shrimp Pasta and homemade Alfreo Cheesy sause

1648594556651.png

German Spargle -- White Asparagus and Homemade Hollandaise sauce

1648594768216.png

4 week celebration from when I almost got dead in the desert

Wife took me to Saltgrass

1648842285297.png

Left over chicken became chicken and cheese quesadillas

1648857718415.png

1648862110540.png

Fried rice with sugar snap peas, vegan egg substitute & sliced water chestnuts.
Lemon pepper stir fry with tofu, lemon juice & peel, mushrooms & cashews.
Steamed asparagus with vegan butter, lemon pepper & salt dressing.

Thanks for the recipe, MVI! :thumb
Looks great, but you forgot the crispy Bacon.

Back
Top Bottom