What's new

What's next for COVID Vaccines?

All vaccines have side effects.
All vaccines negatively affect a small number of people.

I have 2 pfizer and a booster, will get the latest booster concoction.

I go out and sing at a bar 2x a week, so I can lay no claim to responsibility other than I will vaccinate and not go out if I feel unwell, and will test myself if I feel unwell, to prevent potential spread to others.

If I claimed to know the answer to that question I'd be flat out lying. But here's where I stand on vaccines in general.

Apparently I'm allergic or something to tetanus vaccine. They want to give me one every time I go for stitches and every time I tell em to get ready for me to faint. They always think I'm just scared of needles, but that don't bother me. They don't believe it of course .

When I did my hand in a couple years ago we went through the whole thing . They gave me the shot, I turned white and felt like passing out for a couple minutes. They always say they've never seen anyone have a reaction, but one nurse was spooked by how fast I was affected. She was taking my pulse and was worried because she couldn't find it the whole time.

Couple minutes later I started feeling better and my color came back. She found a week pulse that took several minutes to return to normal.

Nurse that gave me the shot and was taking my pulse got spooked and started fussing at me. It was touch and go for a while and she'd already brought the paddles out. Kinda crawling up my ass for not warning them. Pissed me off.

"I fucking told you I'm not scared of needles but tetanus shots make me want to pass out. This makes 4 out of 4 with identical results. Told you I didn't want it, you told me its required. What the hell else do you want me to tell you?"

Four nurses giving me blank stares.

"You didn't have a pulse for two minutes"

"Yeah, it happened exactly like I told you it would. No surprises here."

Girl part way through sewing my hand shut while it was all going on commented, "well, his hand is bleeding again now "

🙄

Point of all that rambling is I feel like these "required " tetanus vaccines are gonna be the death of me one day, because apparently every time they made me faint it was my heart stopping? Things hit different people in different ways. Vaccines are a marvel of modern medicine. Mandatory/required vaccines are bullshit, though. They'll have to physically fight me next time I'm "required " to take a tetanus vaccine. Not taking that risk ever again.

We're not as smart as we think we are. We've got plenty left to learn about things we've been treating for centuries, we damn sure got plenty to learn about "new" viruses. Humility and open-mindedness would be a great thing to add to the mix these days.
That's scary. I'm glad you made it!

While not nearly as serious, everytime I've had a tetanus shot I feel like I have the flu for the next few days.

No arm problems.
Funny you mention this because for the last few months my shot arm has been sore as fuck precisely at the injection site.

2x vaxxed and boosted.

Last shot was last winter.

WTF?

Curious if everyones opinion about the vaccines being safe and effective still stands

Things are slowly turning around, back to normal, by the looks of stuff.
We've gone from "we must vaccinate the kids!" to "maybe it's time to stop with the booster business and just give shots to really old and vulnerable folks" (the ones that normally line up for the annual flu shot).

Big pharma can't be too happy about that :lol3

I just had the 4th shot, the bivalent Moderna, supposed to be good against the original and Micron strains, last night on my way home from work. Like my 1st 2 shots, Astra Zenica and Moderna, I'm really reacting. I spent most of the day in bed, and I have a feeling tomorrow might be the same. Extreme tiredness, blistering headack and aches & pains. My 3rd shot, Pfizer, I only had a sore arm for a day.
I had COVID with pneumonia in early February, even though I was triple vaccinated already. It was the end of August before I could breathe properly again. I'd much rather go through a couple of days of this than 7 months of that again.

Things are slowly turning around, back to normal, by the looks of stuff.
We've gone from "we must vaccinate the kids!" to "maybe it's time to stop with the booster business and just give shots to really old and vulnerable folks" (the ones that normally line up for the annual flu shot).

Big pharma can't be too happy about that :lol3
I'm just happy NOT to be reading @nikonsandvstroms or @nico or any of the other merry band of self-absorbed advrider dipshits telling us all:
how vaccines work,
or how to wash our hands the 'right way',
or that masks are effective and that three is never too many-especially when driving in the car alone,
or how they continue to wear gloves and disinfect the mail,
and still haven't gone anywhere but the grocery store,
and to support front line workers like waiters/waitresses/store clerks by tipping 200% of the bill,
and how failing to follow their instructions makes you a granny killer
etc,etc,etc.

Top Bottom Back Refresh