What's new

What's the Fewest Miles You've Put on a Bike before You Sold It?

2500 on an FZ09.

I couldn't keep my dick in my pants.

I can't think of any of the 50 or so bikes that I have sold after a few miles.

15K on a 2017 R1200RT . I tried everything to get comfortable on that bike. The ergo's weren't good for me at all. The GSA I have is so much better..

5k on a Honda 750 Spirit. Just had to have a warrior road star. Warrior was biggest piece of crap. Broke down 4 times. Last time was on top of a bridge during rush hour. Fun times

Don't know about miles, I put about 20-30 minutes on a CR250 once.

I think it was a '99? The year that everyone said had the most bottom end. It was set up with a woods pipe and a flywheel weight. Instantly did not like the bike but took another lap around a trail to give myself more time to get used to it.

I liked it even less on the second lap 😁

150 miles on a KTM 640 Adventure. Couldn't feel any difference between riding dirt vs street. Paint shaker is a well earned nick.

0, Bought a barn find 69 Kawi to restore in retirement. Changed my mind and sold it after 8 years for 4 times what I paid for it.

Only bike I have ever made money on.

0, Bought a barn find 69 Kawi to restore in retirement. Changed my mind and sold it after 8 years for 4 times what I paid for it.

Does it mean you make money on a bike if you don't ride it? :lol3

I had a 50cc Honda scooter in the 80s when I was 15, had a lot of fun that year gassing it up with pocket change. Sold it a few years later with about 1100 miles on it. Should have kept it.

CB1000R was traded with 1,095 miles. Strange throttle control by the ECU and couldn't make the sitting position work for me--tough on a hip.

I have the same story except with a Ducati Diana and multiplied my investment 25x. Bike I actually rode was a Honda VFR 800. 700 miles, I hated that engine.

I have about 175 miles on an R80 RT that I'll be putting up for sale soon. Thought I'd ride it more but in 2 years, that's all I've had it out.

200 miles.
i-TWh5tVD-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom