What's new

What's your mileage?

Amos Malone

Member Number
This is the lowest I've seen. Filled it up and rode home.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-12 at 2.16.22 PM.jpeg

After 5 months and about 5,000 miles, I am getting 70 to 76 mpg with the CTX. Considering the size, weight, and HP, I am happy with that.

I put those numbers (1/5L per 100km) in a conversion calculator and got: 156.81 mpg. Impressive.

Versys-50mpg @ 75mph
TNT135 - 87 on the last tank, hard break-in in the mountains.
Vespa-98 if i ride easy, 70 @ WFO on the interstate

Doesn't compare with any of the previous post.

My bikes get mid 30's to low 40's

I've never really thought about fuel mileage on any motorcycle I've ever owned. I just fill them up about every 125-150 miles.

From Gunisson to Paonia by ways of Crested Butte Colorado this past summer trip. Of course this mileage was only an 80 mile trip but when I needed to fuel up it was in Lamar by ways of Aspen, Cotopaxi and Pueblo….. Non Ethanol gas and altitude really work wonders… :lol3
0E4922AA-C4CA-4F89-9533-E1112405271E.jpeg

You modern guys with all the slick electronic readouts... I have to reset the tripmeter, ride until my tiny little 1.8 gallon tank goes on reserve at 1.4 used, then hurry to a gas station and use the calculator on my phone LOL... nah, it's pretty easy when you consider that I rarely get more than 40 to 45 miles on that 1.4 gallons (DOHC Honda 450 twin with 497cc 11.6:1 pistons, MegaCycle cams and 36mm Mikunis) so not good at about 30 to 32 mpg. But it's a lot of fun to listen to while ripping around with a 10,500 rpm redline :lol3

oldschool ,you are a man after my own heart !!!

I don't care about fuel mileage on 2 wheels,I'm riding for pleasure ,also don't care how much the high octane cost. And I like to look at the redline often:wings

Last edited:
Sea Level to 3000'

Yamaha FJ09: ~ 50 mpg with mix of freeway, back roads and city while not playing throttle jockey

Honda NHX110 scooter: ~ 95 mpg in Ricky Racer pin it to win it mode! (annnnd not really breaking the law....that much:lol3)

KTM 525 EXC w/plate: Who knows and who cares! It's mostly ridden off road, single and two track.:dj

My old single and twin cam CB750's were lucky to get 30 mpg. XR400 and XL500 could knock down 65-70mpg with ease.

My FZ 09 was getting about 42mpg which was a bit of a bummer after getting used to the 52mpg my FZ 07 got. But then I put a Yoshimura exhaust on the 09 and fuel mileage has been at 47-49mpg ever since. Go figure!

oldschool ,you are a man after my own heart !!!

I don't care about fuel mileage on 2 wheels,I'm riding for pleasure ,also don't care how much the high octane cost. And I like to look at the redline often:wings
I don't consider mpg when I'm choosing what bike I want, but it's very nice to have something easy on fuel. I'm not some snowflake tree hugger. I spent a lot of years driving around 1,000hp, highly modified, fuel guzzling Chevy's. I was almost 30 years old before I ever owned a vehicle that got better than single digit mpgs. Loved every mile. My old school, air cooled, kick only bikes were a lot of fun also. But I thoroughly enjoy my current 120hp rocket of a sewing machine that sips fuel and burns so clean that my riding gear never stinks. Old school is in my bones, but engines now are so much better than they ever were. 40-50+ mpg, 6k miles oil changes and never, ever having to loctite the bike back together periodically? Yeah, I'm in. 😁

I don't consider mpg when I'm choosing what bike I want, but it's very nice to have something easy on fuel. I'm not some snowflake tree hugger. I spent a lot of years driving around 1,000hp, highly modified, fuel guzzling Chevy's. I was almost 30 years old before I ever owned a vehicle that got better than single digit mpgs. Loved every mile. My old school, air cooled, kick only bikes were a lot of fun also. But I thoroughly enjoy my current 120hp rocket of a sewing machine that sips fuel and burns so clean that my riding gear never stinks. Old school is in my bones, but engines now are so much better than they ever were. 40-50+ mpg, 6k miles oil changes and never, ever having to loctite the bike back together periodically? Yeah, I'm in. 😁
My old '06 Yamaha FZ1 which could pull an honest 42 mpg "just" riding it with no "after-burners" involved. When the next generation MT10/FZ10 arrived I soooo badly wanted one with that intoxicating exhaust note. The 35 mpg AND below promptly killed that dream! It was a bridge too far at that point. I do expect to get some decent range without constantly pouring my wallet into the tank. 40 mpg seems to be the limit for me on big street bikes. May as well just drive the Corolla! :lol3. Nonetheless I do understand this is a scooter thread and also expect some really decent mpg out of a low power ride.:beer

Gas mileage is important to me. I would not consider a bike that got less than 40 MPG. My old KDX200 got less than that but I didn't ride long distances on that. For the future I wouldn't buy a bike that got less than 50-60 MPG. My next bike may be something like a Super Cub or Grom which can easily get around 130 MPG. There is something pleasing about going for a ride knowing it costs next to nothing. While some consider low powered bikes to be less fun I find my small bikes to be the most fun.

Because my small scooters are so cheap to ride, I ride them at every opportunity. I'll ride to the store just to buy a few bananas. I wouldn't do that in my truck or big bike.

My '79 CBX got 40 mpg on the road (to Atlanta from Tampa in early '80) but only about 28 in town, and only about 18 to 20 mpg at the drag strip with the baffles out of the Denco 6-6

Top Bottom Back Refresh