MVI

MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
Share your photos at Wheels Through Time

Win a '37 Knucklehead

Ever seen one of these? Me neither until I went to Dale's museum (RIP Dale Walksler)
hd flat twin.jpg

Dale was a great guy

RIP
Saw many videos of him interacting with museum visitors but never had the pleasure of meeting him. He was already ill when my wife and I visited Wheels Through Time in 2019. My only wish was to see a wider variety of brands represented in the museum, no major name Japaese bikes at all but it's still an awesome collection of stuff including a Cadillac bought from Steve McQueen's collection.
UwORXMm.jpg

DJ1s68c.jpg

one of Evel Knievel's HDs
0Cdc3f9.jpg

HD for 1938, stunning new features
gkgg3x8.jpg

Indian shaft drive military bike
r4l07Ol.jpg

QgOXdRZ.jpg

HD shaft drive trike (sorry about the poor focus on the second pic)
DXIf5az.jpg

CbGTHMX.jpg

KmFjds3.jpg

Saw many videos of him interacting with museum visitors but never had the pleasure of meeting him. He was already ill when my wife and I visited Wheels Through Time in 2019. My only wish was to see a wider variety of brands represented in the museum, no major name Japaese bikes at all but it's still an awesome collection of stuff including a Cadillac bought from Steve McQueen's collection.
UwORXMm.jpg

DJ1s68c.jpg

one of Evel Knievel's HDs
0Cdc3f9.jpg

HD for 1938, stunning new features
gkgg3x8.jpg

Indian shaft drive military bike
r4l07Ol.jpg

QgOXdRZ.jpg

HD shaft drive trike (sorry about the poor focus on the second pic)
DXIf5az.jpg

CbGTHMX.jpg

KmFjds3.jpg
The museum taut its collection of "American motorcycles". They do have a lot of variety of American bikes, Thor, Indian, H-D, Pope, Ace, Excelsior and others. Hence no Japanese bikes. The collection does not have too many bikes post - 1970 what it does have is racing bikes.

Reactions: MVI
Ever seen one of these? Me neither until I went to Dale's museum (RIP Dale Walksler)
hd flat twin.jpg
The Harley answer to the BMW needed for Desert warfare. Indian had one as well, but Harley got the contract. But by the time production was to get rolling we were done in northern Africa and the more familiar V-twin was more desired for the European campaign. A few of these obvious were sold post war as civilian bikes, but not many. If you find one it is worth a ton. Even if it is a barn find that looks like scrap.

We've been there three times - twice during motorcycle cannonball stops (visitor, not participant). Each time, either Dale or his son has picked a bike from the collection and ridden it around inside and/or outside. So, it's not only the sight of old motorcycles, but also the sounds and smells. We'll be back.

Back
Top Bottom