What's new

Where to ride this summer.....

Eight weeks every year? Man...I need to change careers :rofl

It's actually difficult to use. People tend to notice when you're not around a lot. I take a lot of Fridays off, rather than a full week or more.

I worked with a gal who had the same eight weeks, plus she bought two more weeks of vacation every year. It was nuts. The good side of that was I hated working with her, and the less I saw of her, the better.

S.C.

Come on up to Colorado - here and eastern Utah are full of great rides to do. Do a old mine site tour or check out the many ghost towns around both states.
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG

Several folks have suggested Utah and Colorado and I'd say they are hard to beat.Wonderful roads, great parks, mountains, lots to see and do. We've done several Fly and Rents in the region and never been disappointed. National Parks (everywhere) get very crowded but they are national parks for a reason. Numerous in the region.
Montana and Wyoming are also mentioned and I have to agree. More forested, abundant wildlife, great attractions. Might be my choice. Lots to see and explore and a bit less crowded.
I participated in the MotoGuzzi Experience last year and visited/toured Arkansas and was amazed! Fantastic roads, great parks, no crowds. Must admit the state had not been on my radar but now I can be considered an advocate for their tourism department. Spent a night in a state operated lodge at Most Magazine State Park, great place.
SW Virginia is great riding but no activities beyond browsing small towns and the occasional music festival. Coastal NC / SC is decent but riding stinks and the scenery really doesn't change. All larger cities are similar in the end anyway.

I'd suggest seeing where I could get reservations for a couple of nights inside some o the National parks and then plan around that. A couple of nights in the Grand Teetons followed by Yellowstone or maybe Glacier NP followed by Waterton Lakes. Arches and Canyonlands in Utah.

Top Bottom Back Refresh