What's new

Who Rode in Today?

cabanza

Member Number
Cold start this morning. It was 43 in Houston. Ride back home should be better. We're close to 70 now.

I'm starting to see more day time on my way to work

@6:45 am

Fom0l_cXEAAHQdI?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Rode 3 days last week would've been 4 but had to haul some junk in the cage. Looks like a few days this week are rideable... temps warmer than usual so Feb has been a lot more rideable this year. In general its nearly the worst riding month of the year with the endless gross sloppy rain and snow.

It's a mixed bag of temperatures today. 45 going to work. It'll be 72 when I go home. I always find it hard to get the proper gear on days like this.

I always liked my rain jacket on temp swings. It kept the wind out but still.would roll up to a small size for storing. This setup was good for well below freezing.

I did, I try to get in as much riding as possible during the winter time. it was 36*F and supposed to warm up to 61*F. Of course the temps varied (mostly down) as I'm going through the country side on my 30 mile commute. I turned on the heated gear (jacket liner & gloves) to half or so and it was fine.

Do not comute on bikes much now, i only do a little pat time work a couple of days a week so use the car or truck. i wont use bikes again until it warms up cleans up. We throw millions of tons of salt on uk roads every year, and its everywhere even with careful cleaning. I try to keep off any bike i care much about until we get a bit of rain to clean things up a bit. Soon be decent weather.

A muggy 65 this morning. It's crazy knowing we will be in the upper 30s on Friday morning. I can't wait for this temperature roller coaster to be over.

Do not comute on bikes much now, i only do a little pat time work a couple of days a week so use the car or truck. i wont use bikes again until it warms up cleans up. We throw millions of tons of salt on uk roads every year, and its everywhere even with careful cleaning. I try to keep off any bike i care much about until we get a bit of rain to clean things up a bit. Soon be decent weather.
The salt destoyed my xt225 with 5yrs of commuting in the snow belt. Painted the frame twice. The front caliper was rebuit twice. But the part that is unseen is the rims got salt in between the layers. Steel rims or cast wheels for winter! And no chrome plated aluminum! I kept the xt covered in oil but salt always finds a way.

70 and rain this morning. Should be dry and 50-52 for the ride home. Not a fan of those "upside down" days.

Back
Top Bottom