What's new

Why are you here?

Why did you come to this forum?

• I was banned from ADV Rider

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • The VS takeover will ruin ADV Rider so I switched

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I'm still on ADV Rider and here as well.

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • What's ADV Rider? I just wandered in off the street

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
I see what VS did to 1200+ other sites. I dislike using that software. So I am at both sites until things go south. I am trying to build this site to make it cozy and feel like home, for the people who have not made the switch yet.

I see what VS did to 1200+ other sites. I dislike using that software. So I am at both sites until things go south. I am trying to build this site to make it cozy and feel like home, for the people who have not made the switch yet.
I never heard of VS until it bought ADV Rider. Unlike you I'm not convinced they will destroy the other forum but only time will tell. So far I have seen no significant change.

I'm retired so I have time to participate on more than one forum. I'm currently active on four forums but two don't have much activity. I figure I'll try to do my part to make this forum a viable alternative if/when the other one goes south. If/when the other forum goes downhill I think there will be a big influx to this one.

Thank you for the work you are doing here. It's good to have place to go if the other forum goes to shit. Even if the other forum doesn't go south, I'm having fun here.

I was perma banned from ADV Rider in 2020. Did I deserve to be banned? Yes. Did it deserve a perman ban? No. But I think some mods made it personal and just won't let it go. Since then, I have rejoined multiple times under various names (gore-tx, kwabanza, furygan, etc.). I get bored and out myself after a while. I've been waiting for another ADV Rider. Glad it happened. Less bull, more cool.

They banned my wife a couple of weeks ago thinking it was me. They got it wrong. It wasn't me. I'm still on it. Lol! She was pissed though.

I first heard of VS with regard to Dootalk.com when they wanted to sell generic green or orange shirts representing the website. Doo refers to Ski-Doo whose corporate color is yellow and orange and green are the colors of the competition. Knowing that disconnect led me to believe ADVr will soon be poop

Is she going to come here as well?
I don't think so. She got burned. She tried to reach out to ADV Rider but was ignored. It's funny because she was starting to enjoy being on it. It's very different from the social media she's used to - she does a lot of Instagram. She's really into the Dax right now and I know she posted a bunch. She flew to Monterrey during Spring Break. It was a very quick trip (2 nights, 1 day). She went to the local Honda dealer and snapped pics she posted in the NAVI thread. And then the ban hammer dropped out of nowhere. I was out of town when it happened. Honestly, their loss. Because they're not kind to new members and while it's a big place, it's the same people that post. And that number is pretty small overall.

I was banned 8 times from ADV, the last for 4 months. Nico called me an asshole, without provocation, and I called him an ignorant cunt. Bamn. Yes, a few times I deserved it, but only maybe half. I'm just tired of the BS over there, and the majority of the good mods quit, leaving the not so good. Not really worth going back.

advrider was askin some weird stuff aboot my password, or asking me to do something for it. i dont remember now. password didna work anymore

I got banned from ADV rider , ban is up in a few days IIRC, but i have been banned before and i dont think the bans were ever fair. I dont believe the ADV rider site bans are anything to do with fair, or nessasarily what you do, its just what bullys do to people. Let them get on with it i say. not even sure, under the curent rageme, a ban being up even means a return to normal anymore on ADV rider. in fact ill go so far as to say i dont think they know how to behave normaly anymore on ADV rider.

I was perma banned from ADV Rider in 2020. Did I deserve to be banned? Yes. Did it deserve a perman ban? No. But I think some mods made it personal and just won't let it go. Since then, I have rejoined multiple times under various names (gore-tx, kwabanza, furygan, etc.). I get bored and out myself after a while. I've been waiting for another ADV Rider. Glad it happened. Less bull, more cool.

They banned my wife a couple of weeks ago thinking it was me. They got it wrong. It wasn't me. I'm still on it. Lol! She was pissed though.
I was surprised they didn't catch you sooner. As soon as I saw Gore-tx I figured it was you. There have been a few on the other site asking about you or wondering what you are doing. I sent one guy a PM but I don't want to get banned for posting a link here in the open.

Tell Gwen to check this place out. It's not the same place that banned her for no good reason.

You can definitely trash 'em here in Chit-Chat, if that's your thing. I'd rather we just remembered the good times and moved on.
So far I have no real reason to trash the other site. It's still working fine for me and I don't believe in burning bridges. I think at least one guy here got banned for discussing the VS takeover in an "inappropriate" area.

I was banned 8 times from ADV, the last for 4 months. Nico called me an asshole, without provocation, and I called him an ignorant cunt. Bamn. Yes, a few times I deserved it, but only maybe half. I'm just tired of the BS over there, and the majority of the good mods quit, leaving the not so good. Not really worth going back.
I found this place while reading a thread discussing the disappearance of JVB.

I've been on AdvRider since 2004. Never once did I get banned, or even a warning about my behavior. Last year, I posted about a ride I did. I put up some pictures, one of which showed me wearing my "Traitor Joe's" shirt. A couple of comments went back and forth about it. Also I made mention that it was also a very heavily armed table of guys (us). Boom. Three days in jail. That was the warning sign to me that shit was changing for the worse. I can't recall if the increase in ads came before or after my banning, but that added to my concerns. Then they get sold. Adds increase even more. I see ads for guns for sale, on a site which prohibits that very thing on the forum. The irony! The ads grew in size, and became really fucking annoying. My screen now jumps all over the place as new ads load and other ads are replaced.

I still go there, but I'm going to be weaning myself off the site, or just leaving, if things don't get better.

S.C.

So far I have no real reason to trash the other site. It's still working fine for me and I don't believe in burning bridges. I think at least one guy here got banned for discussing the VS takeover in an "inappropriate" area.

I see no reason to trash talk the other site, just the company that owns it, any time I mention this place, I tell people it is not hurry to move over here. I don’t see it as if the 2 sites need to be enemies.

I thought the way they "announced" the sale was, in a word, sleazy. Something that important needed a banner on the home page, not buried in "Fluff."

That seemed especially true because they had taken my money...a whole $5/month...and were continuing to take it while not notifying me of the ownership change. It isn't the money, but rather the principle. I was happy to support an enthusiast-owned site with money; it is completely different, to me, giving money to a publicly traded, for profit, corporation.

Kinda like supporting a local small business.

Because they buried the announcement in Fluff and did not notify subscribers, it seemed like they were trying to "hide" it. Which they were, that seemed clear from the subsequent postings.

I don't begrudge Baldy, Rudy or anyone an opportunity to cash out on their hard work. But be up front and notify people.

I got banned when I put links to the Fluff announcement and a "this site has been sold" comment along with a post. Clearly, they didn't want people to know. And I bet many still don't.

They are not getting my content or my money. I don't frequent businesses that behave like slime bags.

I thought the way they "announced" the sale was, in a word, sleazy. Something that important needed a banner on the home page, not buried in "Fluff."

I think it should have been offered to be sold to inmates, if they wanted to cash out. Selling to a big corporate entity feels a bit like a knife in the back.

I think it should have been offered to be sold to inmates, if they wanted to cash out. Selling to a big corporate entity feels a bit like a knife in the back.

That sounds like a good idea, but could you imagine trying to get a group of inmates to agree? That would been a nightmare negotiation from Rudy and Baldy's perspective.

I don't know anything about Rudy, but Chris (Baldy) is a "serial entrepreneur." Some things work, some don't (Cake) and he knows how to leverage his work product. That's admirable.

Just TELL people.

The fact they hid it meant they were not proud of it.

That sounds like a good idea, but could you imagine trying to get a group of inmates to agree? That would been a nightmare negotiation from Rudy and Baldy's perspective.

I was not suggesting that a group get together to buy it, there are inmates around who have capital to purchase it, on their own. I was speaking with a mod over there and at his speculated price, I would have considered it. Too late now.

Back
Top Bottom