What's new

Will Honda Ever Replace the Metropolitan with the Scoopy?

cabanza

Member Number
The Scoopy is one of the best selling scooters in Asia. It comes in 12" or 14" wheels. It's a 110 cc automatic scooter with retro looks. It comes in many, many colors.

2023-Hoinda-Scoopy-Indonesia.jpg

honda-scoopy-2023-14-jari-jari-biru-1.webp

honda_scoopy-amp.jpg

No... the metro is 50cc which falls under moped laws in many states. Also honda is the only the only big 4 mfg sitll making 50s.

No... the metro is 50cc which falls under moped laws in many states. Also honda is the only the only big 4 mfg sitll making 50s.
Most 50 cc are being replaced with electric. I don't see the Metropolitan lasting too many more years. Will Honda just swap the Metro for an electric or offer riders a different option?

That is possible. E bicycles is the fastest growing vehicle because of zero regulation. Taxes and insurance have a play in this. I would pay zero property tax on 50cc but a plate and insurance still runs $125 a year. But a lapse could have severe fines. If I was a smart young person which vehicle would I choose?

they left out scary scoopy.

14" rims with the 150-160cc and i would get it. though i would prefer 300cc class. the female accessory, however, would put it outside of my budget. i tried it once and it didn't end well. someday, ill upgrade to a new model. ive since realized its cheaper to cram more bikes in the garage, even with the cost of insurance and registration.

I agree. The under-50cc classification isn't going to disappear. I doubt electric options will dominate that market for awhile, but I see that happening before larger displacement ICE bikes are threatened by the electric competition.

I wasn't sure if the Yamaha Zuma 50F was still available in the U.S. Their website says no: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/scooter

But it appears to still be in production: https://www.biketopspeed.com/yamaha-zuma-50f/
Zuma f 50 went defunct a while back. I still own an a3 tomos and an a55. The a3 would be my choice ride if 25mph was world wide.

Last edited:
Honda Thailand unveiled a "Minions" edition of the Scoopy. I'd kill for that helmet!

_nc_ohc=VVpC8vHFenkAX9pKmzq&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=RRrAShuxMiEAX_E99HN&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=PYXiAiBMX9kAX8uRT7F&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

FrizDTMXoAUc9RO?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom